autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where to drive fast

Does anybody know where you can go to drive fast without getting a ticket. Specifically Central Florida is where I am looking
    Any options?

Certain stretches of road where no police frequent?

Rent track? How much does that cost? What tracks in Central FL offer this?

Any suggestions?
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to drive fast

[quote=CEE DOG;246315]Does anybody know where you can go to drive fast without getting a ticket. Specifically Central Florida is where I am looking
    Any options?

Options--I think Montana is your best hope...

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=KLRPilot;246327]
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Does anybody know where you can go to drive fast without getting a ticket. Specifically Central Florida is where I am looking
    Any options?

Options--I think Montana is your best hope...
    I'm not sure if that is true cause I drove through two different parts of Montana on two different occasions and the speed limit was either 70 or 75 depending on the area. But I've only been in the western parts of the state.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping that some MT or surrounding states residents, will chime in.

I believe that exceeding the MT 70-75 posted speed results in a small "energy fine" and not an actual traffic infraction that shows on your driving record.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it on the track guys. I've seen too many idiots cause some life ending/altering events. It *&$#)@ me off to no end when people street race of any sort. It gives the people like myself and other respectful car guys a bad name. And if you can't afford the track time, save up till you can. It's safer and lot more fun.

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking for a Autobahn style road you wont find it in the US .... anymore. Back in the mid 80s early 90s I THINK, there was a 14 mile stretch of road that only had a minimum speed limit.

Post Thanks / Like

The Sebring track.

Post Thanks / Like

Best bet is your local dragstrip. There you can go as fast as you want and don't have to worry about a ticket! A few years back my friend got busted street racing against my car (a friend of mine was driving, I was drinking). State police "clocked" us at 125 in the 65. He lost his license for a year.

If handling is what you are after try to see if there are any local autox events near you.

Don't get the wrong impression of me though. I am not trying to tell you what to do and I am not going to yell at you for speeding on roads (some forums I am a member of will) . I still do it. It's a good feeling to hit a back road late at night and open it up a little. Just trying to open up some options for you that are legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by civichatch97 View Post
    Best bet is your local dragstrip. There you can go as fast as you want and don't have to worry about a ticket! A few years back my friend got busted street racing against my car (a friend of mine was driving, I was drinking). State police "clocked" us at 125 in the 65. He lost his license for a year.

If handling is what you are after try to see if there are any local autox events near you.

Don't get the wrong impression of me though. I am not trying to tell you what to do and I am not going to yell at you for speeding on roads (some forums I am a member of will) . I still do it. It's a good feeling to hit a back road late at night and open it up a little. Just trying to open up some options for you that are legal.
    I appreciate it! You're right on- I am not looking to go drive crazy on open public roads or race against anybody. I would just like to be able to occasionally "open it up a little" as you said when no one is around or If I could get on a track. I appreciate the info. I certainly don't want to lose my license (or get a ticket). Looks like I will call some of these central florida tracks and see whats up.
    Thanks to all!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I drove in Montana, they still had their "prima facie" speed limit in effect. Daytime speed limits were unlimited.
    I, and the majority of vehicles, were running at 85mph. My guess is that pressure from the Feds and the insurance companies forced Montana to set a speed limit.
    Several years ago on my way to Alaska, I drove in northern British Columbia. I set the cruise control on my motorcycle at 110mph, and slowed as I approached towns/villages. Neither I, or any other members of our group, received "speed certification" papers from the RCMP. We simply used our brains--ride fast in the open areas, and reduce speed as we neared population centers.
    High speed Driving in both MT & BC was fun and safe--I'm actually more focused at 85 (or higher speeds) than I am at 60-70.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast