autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AG claims another victim

I’m Gregor and I’m an autogeek. At first it started out with a little recreational NTX on the weekends. Next thing I know I’m buying the dime bag of MF towels at Costco. It isn’t long before I’m slipping away in the evenings for some Stoner wheel treatment and a Quick Detail fix. Next my neighbor turned me on to a few Chemicals from some Guys and let me sit on a few gallons, to make sure I was fully hooked.

My obsession hits its Pinnacle when I volunteer to detail my neighbor’s black Lexus (same neighbor) as a birthday present. 4 hours later and I still haven’t had enough. Since my arms kept giving out I know it was time for the PC for the extra staying power. But that would have to wait. Resist, resist. I must resist the obsession to rid all paint around me of micromarring and scratches. I can do it by hand, right.

Many nights later after regularly sneaking out the garage for some nightly compounding, it hits me. I can resist no longer. Progress is too slow and I must have the extra Edge of the PC. Late one evening, after everyone is tucked away, during long and tortured session on the AG web page and the deed is done. Yes, I spent more in one night than the cost of my first car and now I’m a Poor Boy. But it’s not about the money, now is it? It’s about the need that must be fed, leaving the Optimum finish on every car I touch. Do I have regrets? Of course, I wish had added the Sovereign to the order.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gregor, I know what you mean. I started out with the basic wash, dry, and wax by hand and after finding this awesome website and reading a whole bunch of detailing techniques and products I was totally hooked. I first started buying the PC 7424 and a few other detailing products. Well, it wasn't even a few days when I put in another order of paint cleaners, wax, swirl removers, and a whole bunch of microfiber towels. Again, a week later, I put in another order of wheel cleaner, window cleaner, clay bars etc. I think I must have spent a few hundred dollars. Like you said, it is not about the money. And yes, I do have regret. Should have added the Pinnacle souveran paste on the last order. Hmmm....maybe i will order it now. Good luck with your detailing. make sure you post some pics

Post Thanks / Like
    When you hear the words just as good make sure you get p.s. and not the p.s.s2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done said the spider to the fly. Very clever.

The streets are mean. You're in deep enough now that you'll need the ability to defend yourself further. Can we interest you a gun, a foam gun that is?
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 09-09-2006 at 08:49 AM.

When it comes to a persons worth, money is a lousy way to keep score.
    - GH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    I’m Gregor and I’m an autogeek. At first it started out with a little recreational NTX on the weekends. Next thing I know I’m buying the dime bag of MF towels at Costco. It isn’t long before I’m slipping away in the evenings for some Stoner wheel treatment and a Quick Detail fix. Next my neighbor turned me on to a few Chemicals from some Guys and let me sit on a few gallons, to make sure I was fully hooked.
    It's like I have a twin!

Similar story here. I too started with some Meg's OTC stuff and the Costco MF's. Then I found this site, and hundreds of dollars later, I'm an Autogeek mainlining Crystal Mist.

Very funny post! Welcome to the addiction, I mean club.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor

My obsession hits its Pinnacle when I volunteer to detail my neighbor’s black Lexus (same neighbor) as a birthday present. 4 hours later and I still haven’t had enough. Since my arms kept giving out I know it was time for the PC for the extra staying power. But that would have to wait. Resist, resist. I must resist the obsession to rid all paint around me of micromarring and scratches. I can do it by hand, right.

Many nights later after regularly sneaking out the garage for some nightly compounding, it hits me. I can resist no longer. Progress is too slow and I must have the extra Edge of the PC. Late one evening, after everyone is tucked away, during long and tortured session on the AG web page and the deed is done. Yes, I spent more in one night than the cost of my first car and now I’m a Poor Boy. But it’s not about the money, now is it? It’s about the need that must be fed, leaving the Optimum finish on every car I touch. Do I have regrets? Of course, I wish had added the Sovereign to the order.
    well said/done

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I loved your post!! You are in good company here!

You know you’re an AutoGeek when….
    1. PB means Poorboys not peanut butter
    2. PC means Porter Cable not personal computer
    3. DD means daily driver and not a woman’s bra size
    4. GQ means garage queen not gentlemen’s quarterly magazine
    5. (for us locals) you are willing to drive an hour or two to get your favorite AG products.
    6. You make pre-schoolers take their shoes off immediately upon entering your car.
    7. You have more pictures of cars than your kids stored in your digital camera.
    8. You size up and mentally detail the cars you see on the road and in parking lots.
    9. You use AT LEAST 3 products for every part of your car.
    10. You will let your kids starve a little bit until you can find to a McDonalds rather than let them eat or drink in the car.
    11. You purposely park in the farthest away parking spot possible.
    12. The money that you spend in a year on your car is more than the gross national product of a small country.
    13. Door dings are a justified reason for clinical depression.
    14. Spending 10 hours over a weekend detailing your car not only is fun for you, you can’t wait to get started.
    15. You case your neighborhood for shady spots.
    16. You never, ever park under a tree.
    17. You carry a detail kit in your car trunk "in case of an emergency".
    18. You dream about cars almost every night.
    19. After detailing, your car smells like a fruit salad.
    20. You use 3 or more buckets to wash the car.

These are just a few of my observations, please feel free to add your own to the list. And lastly... If knowledge is power then Killrwheels is Superman.
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    21. You know "dressing" goes on tires, trim and interiors, and not on salads.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the warm replies. It didn't take long before I knew I'd be in good company. I'm a recent convert with ALOT of baggage in my past. I've changed my ways and will be working to correct the scars of my past. I have 3 cars on my project list and I'm sure I will have many questions as I work through them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll find the answers here!! Welcome to the addiction Gregor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast