autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shocker...orange

My vette is in the paint shop,in my search to see whether or not I had a matching number car I had yet checked the paint code.I knew the color on it now wasn't original b/c the door jams were red,it wasn't a good paint job b/c under the headlights,under the gas tank were red.In my mind I was thinking mille miglia red was the original color,what a shocker it was when we read the paint code at the paint shop.Number 987 ontario orange firemist is its original color and I've been sick to the point of puking.

I need help,I have seen two pictures on the net 71 ontario orange firemist and to me it looked like a dull pumkin,every little shine.Do any of you know where I may find somemore pictures of vette painted ontario orange b/c I may not keep it original on the paint code,maybe it want look as bad as I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but it is the top 100 sites on the web for corvettes. http://www.netcorvettes.com/

Maybe you'll find your color listed somewhere? I checked a couple of them, but couldn't find it. There is one guy though on Father Larry's who owns a corvette in your color.
    http://www.fatherlarryscorvetteshop.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=471&highlight=ontario+o range+firemist
    If you are an outgoing person maybe you could just contact him and ask him to see some pics of his ride??? Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://corvetteforum.net/c3/1970registry/00006.html

well you can kinda see the color

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello this is a pretty clost to a cinnamon orange metallic on your car. Must have tan interior too? Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Must have tan interior too? Andrew

Nope black interior.

Thanks for the links,I seen several chity orange cars,guess I'll be driving one too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Orange would not be my pick for a car color. However, one of my favorite cars (Alfa Romeo Montreal) came in orange and it looks smashing! So, maybe it will be awesome on your vette!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is ontario orange firemist,its going to have to grow on me before I say ok paint it orange.

If I go with another color in the 71 paint codes will it hurt the value of its original value? if so how much?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shocker...orange-firemist-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how much it will hurt the value, if you change the color. But we are talking about a vette! I will take a vette in any color! Now if it was pink, yea I would paint it. But anyhoo, think hard before you paint it. Have you tried polishing it out yet? That might bring the paint back to life! Looking at that pic you have, that orange is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    No matter the color , I would go back to original. I bet with some of the PBMA products we could have have orange looking like "gold" in no time. Be glad it wasn't something like poop brown.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Will it won't be the original paint job either way... I say paint it whatever color you like best. It's your car, and the damage is already done since it's not the original as is...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast