autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Else Notice This?????

Last week i went to the bank . and i notice the tellers happy and giggling. so i said what are you guys so happy about . they said ohh just happy to be working is all. then yesterday i went to mcdonalds for lunch. and the guy taking my order was whistling and had a nice smile on his face. i said your happy arent you? he said o yes ! happy to be working !!!! just a few years ago before the econamy fell apart . most people would regret going to work. and be in a bad mood all day . but not now . seems everyone is greatfull to be employed!!!!!as i!! in fact i used to pull up to homes with my trailer to do a spring cleanup . and see papers in the beds /tons of leaves/ garbage/ dog crap all over the yard from the entire winter . and i would be like ohhh nooo. this is going to suck!!! but this year i dont mind at all!!!! i did a house the other day and it was full of dog crap on the lawn and i was steping in it as i cleaned and i still had a smile on my face!!!!. so it is nice to see people arent taking there jobs for granted anymore..

what is sad is people comeing up to me looking for work . even my friends dads. who are in there sixtys!! looking for work .. well enjoy the day guys. gota get back to work ...

tom
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Else Notice This?????

I've noticed that also. And I must say, I've been acting that way a little myself. Even on tough days I'll go home beat. I'll tell my girlfriend today sucked, but I'm happy to at least have a crappy day. My neighbor said he'd work my crappy days with a smile. He's been out of work for 3 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe thats what God has wanted us to do for a long time, could be the reason for the economy too, to get us to appreciate what we have and to have a thankful heart and to lean into him and trust him.....God works in mysterious ways !!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

My family and i own a liquor store/gas station and before the recession people rarely asked for a job. Now allot of people, young to old, ask for jobs. Would love to higher allot of them, but sales are down 25-50 percent on the convenience side any given day.

The liquor store on the other hand has stayed equal and some time sells more then it used too.

Super Member ObsessiveAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If only everyone had that kind of attitude and work ethic regardless of the economy, we might not be where we are today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 08xB View Post
    If only everyone had that kind of attitude and work ethic regardless of the economy, we might not be where we are today.
    Attitudes will not change the economy. Ethics could, but when you're greedy, your greedy. Those kind of people only worry about one, themself. They would step on their own mother to get a dollar. Then tell their mother "I did it for you mom". Never mind the fact I walked on your face to get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
    The liquor store on the other hand has stayed equal and some time sells more then it used too.
    Ain't that the truth.

I haven't noticed it up here in Gainesville. Though I have noticed employers are trying to leverage fear in hopes of getting more. Maybe it's just the college town atmosphere?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    Maybe thats what God has wanted us to do for a long time, could be the reason for the economy too, to get us to appreciate what we have and to have a thankful heart and to lean into him and trust him.....God works in mysterious ways !!
    I'm with you bro.

Post Thanks / Like

This discussion has already happened in my own family recently. I'm glad I made a career change two years ago and got out of construction. At work, we discuss this very subject around coffee and at lunch. And the thing I see on these threads is the resiliency and resourcefulness of so many members who detail full time or part time out of enjoyment or even supporting their families with the skill and craftsmanship at the end of their hands. That is so priceless. And to think of so many people out of work, even with Master's Degrees who can't find a job and then there's...us, right here on this site, reporting in, our latest detail and the turnaround that was accomplished. This is just too awesome. Almost surreal even.

Post Thanks / Like

None of this "happy to be working" attitude seem to be at my local Pollo Tropical. They've messed up my order the last three times I was there and the last two times, the guy just didn't seem like he really gave a rat's #*&@.