autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile detailing vehicle

Right now I have a 1993 Ford F-150 that I use for mobile detailing. Its seen better days, so I am planning on what to get next. I don't carry large amounts of water or any water reclamation systems. My options at the moment are:

1) Full size truck (F-150 4x4, Toyota Tundra 4x4)
    2) SUV (Toyota 4Runner V6 4x4)
    3) Full size van (E-150)

What do you use / your opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detailing vehicle

I use my Honda Element (which i love)but im purchasing a chevy cargo van in a few months. I hate towing my trailor with my honda and the van will have a lot more room to oraginize my tools/products better. Also more area on the exterior for my advertising. I would say E-150 Van. Just my 2 cents, Good luck on your truck shopping!
    "She'll Buff Out"

Addicted To Details
    Sonoma County, CA

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take the van. I don't do mobile detailing, but it seems like the van is a little bigger than a truck, and you have protection. You won't have to worry about keeping your stuff in the truck bed while driving and potentially flying out haha. Without the seats, you have plenty of space for everything. I guess you get that if you added a topper, but perhaps a van is a little easier to get in and out of? Just my $.02
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

My Detail vehicle is a 2002 Cadillac EXT, with 130k on it. It is my avatar. I LOVE my truck. I'm fully loaded in season. 70 gallons of water,( which may go down with ONR) generator,heated extractor,wet dry vac/blower,Flex,rotory,PC,tent,Ozone generator, leather and vinyl,carpet & upholstry repair kits. All the rags & micros.I'm waiting for spring! I like the Tundra! Believe me,the look of my vehicle gets me business too!Clean Smooth and WET!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoparAddict View Post
    I use my Honda Element (which i love)but im purchasing a chevy cargo van in a few months. I hate towing my trailor with my honda and the van will have a lot more room to oraginize my tools/products better. Also more area on the exterior for my advertising. I would say E-150 Van. Just my 2 cents, Good luck on your truck shopping!
    The problem I see with an E-150 is that its not a 4x4, and where I live that's important (as it will be my only vehicle)

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONR for all my washes. I carry polishes, my polishers, sealants, glaze, 2 buckets, shopvac, steamer lots of towels and other misc items all in a 94 Mark VIII. If I get busier I may look into another vehicle but I like my Mark, 280hp 25+ mpg and I can fit all I need. I know a few other mobile guys that use cars. I may look into a minivan, good gas mileage, cheap and easy to work on with lots of space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
    I use ONR for all my washes. I carry polishes, my polishers, sealants, glaze, 2 buckets, shopvac, steamer lots of towels and other misc items all in a 94 Mark VIII. If I get busier I may look into another vehicle but I like my Mark, 280hp 25+ mpg and I can fit all I need. I know a few other mobile guys that use cars. I may look into a minivan, good gas mileage, cheap and easy to work on with lots of space.
    Well for me, the generator is an issue.