autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

why i love detailing(thought i would share)

i think my passion for detailing cars or just my passion for cars in general came when i was born. my grandpa was a very successful pinstripe painter, and i would always here him telling my dad the secrets of having a beautifull car. i would overher things about polish the car before waxing, and that a synthetic wax was better(he always used liqui glass). finally when i was 14 or 15, he tought me the art of pinstriping, witch very few people know how to do(expecially 18 year old).. well when i turned 16i got my first truck a 1993 gmc sonoma(white), i started working at a used car dealership where i found the thing i really like doing, i started out shampooing carpets and hand washing cars. then i was taught how to clean engin bays. but i didnt know how to detail until i bought my second and current truck a 1999 for ranger (black) the day i bought it i whent straight to autozone and bought meguiars cleaner wax, but that wasnt good enought, so the next week i bought the deep crystal 3 step cleaner,polish,and wax. and this was good. but i saw a new wax in autozone a month later so i bought it . meguiars nxt tech wax. talk about wow, i was hooked for a while. when i was almoast 17 i started working at a Toyota dealership washing cars on a machine. from using this mchine i sucessfully learned what scratches could be rubed out and what needed to be buffed. that christmas i started using claybar, #2 fine cut cleaner, show car glaze#7, and started using #26 hi tech carnuba wax. i taught myself how to use a rotary on my truck also.this is when i decided to start my own buisness. i started doing cars on sundays, charging $50 or so, i started looking online for da polishers and found this website, and since that day i have been hooked on the ..well.. better items! anyway i was on the road to start my detail buisness where(some of you know) i got fired from the Toyota dealership when i started my "buisness saving " but i am at the moment geting alot of corprate costomers to start out the new year. but thats my story so far just thought i would add this since i never really introduced myself

-Kory

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why i love detailing(thought i would share)

Sounds like u were born with the detailing gene

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: why i love detailing(thought i would share)

Thats a real mouth full. I enjoyed reading you story and getting to know you a little better. welcome to AG and the addiction of detailing...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: why i love detailing(thought i would share)

Quote Originally Posted by rousher99 View Post
    i think my passion for detailing cars or just my passion for cars in general came when i was born. my grandpa was a very successful pinstripe painter, and i would always here him telling my dad the secrets of having a beautifull car. i would overher things about polish the car before waxing, and that a synthetic wax was better(he always used liqui glass). finally when i was 14 or 15, he tought me the art of pinstriping, witch very few people know how to do(expecially 18 year old).. well when i turned 16i got my first truck a 1993 gmc sonoma(white), i started working at a used car dealership where i found the thing i really like doing, i started out shampooing carpets and hand washing cars. then i was taught how to clean engin bays. but i didnt know how to detail until i bought my second and current truck a 1999 for ranger (black) the day i bought it i whent straight to autozone and bought meguiars cleaner wax, but that wasnt good enought, so the next week i bought the deep crystal 3 step cleaner,polish,and wax. and this was good. but i saw a new wax in autozone a month later so i bought it . meguiars nxt tech wax. talk about wow, i was hooked for a while. when i was almoast 17 i started working at a Toyota dealership washing cars on a machine. from using this mchine i sucessfully learned what scratches could be rubed out and what needed to be buffed. that christmas i started using claybar, #2 fine cut cleaner, show car glaze#7, and started using #26 hi tech carnuba wax. i taught myself how to use a rotary on my truck also.this is when i decided to start my own buisness. i started doing cars on sundays, charging $50 or so, i started looking online for da polishers and found this website, and since that day i have been hooked on the ..well.. better items! anyway i was on the road to start my detail buisness where(some of you know) i got fired from the Toyota dealership when i started my "buisness saving " but i am at the moment geting alot of corprate costomers to start out the new year. but thats my story so far just thought i would add this since i never really introduced myself

-Kory