autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: times are hard

Post Thanks / Like

times are hard

This past month has been absolutely stressfull, to say the least. i got fried(toyota dealership), my detailing buisness is really getting to the breaking point. i have had 5 cars in 4 weeks, and only made $210 this month.. and to top it off my unemployment benifits have been denied.I really think its time for me to give up on detailing, everybody in my family arent seeing a future in it, and now I guess i see where there coming from..

well im finished ranting now.. -Kory

Post Thanks / Like

Re: times are hard

I don't do detailing full time so i can't say much from experience but I would tend to think that things would pick back up. Maybe you can find something else to do until the economy picks back up. Try to book some cars but find another source of income. I have another full time job so really I just do details when I need some extra cash which still all goes to bills but...
    This is a global problem that will soon head back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Well let's all hope Obama can get the economy back on track. Kory, I feel for you, but it's time to pick yourself up and get another job. You can still do detailing on the side for extra cash in the mean time. Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Well let's all hope Obama can get the economy back on track. Kory, I feel for you, but it's time to pick yourself up and get another job. You can still do detailing on the side for extra cash in the mean time. Good luck to you.
    Good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

The key to surviving when you are displaced is to just get whatever job you can get and then go from there. $9/hr is better than $0/hr. However, if you want the detailing business to pay the bills then you are going to have to charge more than forty or fifty bucks a car. Five cars in four weeks should have earned you six or seven hundred bucks and not $210. If detailing is what you want to do for a living then you'll have to explore some options on creating a business. Until then you can always just keep detailing on the side or even contracting out to other dealerships to do their detailing. Don't get too down though. Depression is worse than unemployment. Keep your head up and you'll make it through.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kory, Sorry to hear about your situation; go ahead and rant. Sometimes things suck and life throws everything at you including the kitchen sink. My guess, there are people willing to listen & people who really do care... if you let them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails View Post
    The key to surviving when you are displaced is to just get whatever job you can get and then go from there. $9/hr is better than $0/hr. However, if you want the detailing business to pay the bills then you are going to have to charge more than forty or fifty bucks a car. Five cars in four weeks should have earned you six or seven hundred bucks and not $210. If detailing is what you want to do for a living then you'll have to explore some options on creating a business. Until then you can always just keep detailing on the side or even contracting out to other dealerships to do their detailing. Don't get too down though. Depression is worse than unemployment. Keep your head up and you'll make it through.
    I believe he said $210 this month so far and not for 1 month.

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately detailing is considered an extra, and with little cash flow in motion alot will skip something we all demand during tough times. You might be able to consider it as part time or weekend work, but I would highly suggest looking for addl employment as possible.

I hope nobody is truly expecting Obama or any president to repair things quickly. Most suggest this reset (real estate, stock market, living beyond our means, credit crunch) took approximately 10 years in the making and likely will take about as long to repair. I know thats disappointing but we all need to be realistic and set appropriate goals in order to move past this. (and we will move past it) . My hope is within 12-18 months to see settling and some light improvements.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are getting hard everywhere, I wish you the best in whatever choice you make

Post Thanks / Like

well my detailing isnt an actual buisness yet, the week i got fired i was suposed to get insurance and do the tax paperwork. but the thing that pisses me off tho is that my old customers were my ex co workers, and they had me 3 months of customers, and when i go to call them they had already gone somewhere else, so i should have had a few thousand so far... but since i got fired i have done family.. and i cant charge family full price, because they do my advertising. all my family members know that if they get me 10 customers they get theres done for free. hopefully i can get some people for next week.. to cold this week, its in the 30's and i dont have a good enough heater. o well tho, i have to go up to a detail shop today and apply. i really hate going to these shops because all of them produce medeocre results,and i kno im beter than that.

-kory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast