autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

do you guys still eat out?? with no extra money?

myself and family dont go out as much because its just to exspensive... but last night i went out with a buddy of mine to a restaurant . and man!! it was packed. line out the door.. but all i hear is restaurants are lossing money . i just cantsee it .. maybe its me . hows are restaurants were you live? busy?
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: do you guys still eat out?? with no extra money?

We have backed off a bit cause we just needed a break. It's grilling time for myself any way. Nothing like an open fire with a drink in one hand and a Cuban cigar in the other

Post Thanks / Like

I find that food is still a pretty good value considering the direction everything else has been heading. I haven't noticed a change in the amount of people who go to the well-established restaurants in my area, but I have noticed that the smaller restaurants have been suffering from a loss in their usual customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Ate out everyday for the last two weeks. Disney vacation that included free dining plan. Thank God, our only out of pocket expense was the tip and at some of the finer restaurants that was like $30 bucks tip for two adults and a 4yr old. Couldn't afford those places if we had to pay the full share.

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Good sports bars here seem to be packed, i.e. Duffys, Flannigans/Guppies etc. Everything else seems to be dead or nowhere near as busy as used to be. Though we just got a Mario The Baker here in Boca which is great. Original is in Miami where I was born, and I still remembered how good those rolls and pizza were when I was a little kid, my mother and all their friends family used to go there as well growing up through high school.
    Last edited by Surfer; 10-12-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I am close to you (sort of OC NY). Since the birth of my daughter, we have zero time to ourselves. If I do go out, it is for take out. If it is from a restaurant, I now only use local family business. Support the local town before the corp these days. But getting take has dropped from once a week, to once a month. Extra money is for college fund now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that a lot of restaurants are offering 2 for 1 deals lately.

Post Thanks / Like

We still eat out regularly and have family dinner out every Sunday. The restuarants are never packed nor filled, infact tonight at the local steakhouse they were putting two tables together for one smaller party and the manager joked "its not like I'll have a run on space or something".

I think alot more will close after the holiday season. Locally the Bennigans/SteakAle and now it looks like Shells also failed from the bigger commercial places.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it, but it'll be nice when a lot of the chains close up shop, and we can get some mom and pop shops again. I like being able to get the same thing wherever, but not when there's 30 of the place in a 10 mile radius.

It's the thing I'm really enjoying about Europe right now. Lots of home cooking, and secret familys, etc, with not lots of chains besides friggin McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut and Star Bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    I hate to say it, but it'll be nice when a lot of the chains close up shop, and we can get some mom and pop shops again. I like being able to get the same thing wherever, but not when there's 30 of the place in a 10 mile radius.

It's the thing I'm really enjoying about Europe right now. Lots of home cooking, and secret familys, etc, with not lots of chains besides friggin McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut and Star Bucks.
    Doubtful, here its the mom and pops that have been closing shop, theres very little good type places like that left here. They can't compete on cost/volume of larger restaurants, their margins are much tighter. My favorite hole in the wall place for years closed a few years ago and been pissed since then, luckily just found out the brother of the owner had one just north of me and never knew about it as they don't advertise or have a website. Hope the food is the same, they used to do 20 cent steamers all you can eat mmmmmmm.

Scott - is there a Duffys near you, I know theres one off Federal and Deerfield. Great food and atmosphere. Is Shooters still busy? Haven't been there in awhile, usually the boat places stay busy, Cove here is.
    The real WyStang:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast