autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate to even open this door....

Meghan - We need some type of straw poll where maybe with each purchase a vote is registered. Can't hurt business and might even drum up a little more .

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I must admit that there is quite a large variety of members on AG. I read alot of good stuff,and some not so good stuff. I think the main thing is: I really want the winner to be first, a person who reverance God and is most concerned with the people of this country.Those who sacrificed life, happiness, jobs, etc. To make the US the best place to live, work , and raise a family. We can have any religion we want, start a business,live in any state or city. Be a bum or a millionare, black, white, mixed or whatever. Truth is we all were created by the same God. No one is no better than anyone else, although some of us would like to think so. Myself included sometime. But,and here it is! " We Must All Stand Before The Judgement Seat Of Christ,and answer for what WE have done. Rather it be Good or Bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    very true...by the way, I already know who our next president will be...it's so obvious...
    The results will be who can turn out the base and attract new voters in the battleground states. As the 2000 election showed, someone with the popular vote can lose. The dems do better in the cities and the republicans do better in the suburbs. I think the economy is going to decide the election (beyond the usual scare tactics) and whichever side can put a compelling case will likely persuade us undecided.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I actually wasn't going to vote as I don't like any of them. But having discussions with my wife we have agreed to vote republican again. Dems almost always cut military funds which hurts those who protect our freedoms. Dems also seem to take guns away from citizens (or really restrict us) who want to protect themselves.
    The Gods honest thruth is I can't get over the fact Obama went to Church with such a (imho) twisted paster. And only removed him because of the Presidential race. .02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    The Gods honest thruth is I can't get over the fact Obama went to Church with such a (imho) twisted paster. And only removed him because of the Presidential race. .02
    That bothers me too. If the pastor at my church were to utter: "God (darn) the USA" - playing on the phrase "God Bless the USA" - I would have never stepped foot in my church again. It would not have taken me running for public office to leave my church.

I can understand the frustration that African Americans have felt over discrimination but to tolerate such an anti-American phrase (by not leaving that church) and then want to be president of the same country to be damned doesn't sit well with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    That bothers me too. If the pastor at my church were to utter: "God (darn) the USA" - playing on the phrase "God Bless the USA" - I would have never stepped foot in my church again. It would not have taken me running for public office to leave my church.

I can understand the frustration that African Americans have felt over discrimination but to tolerate such an anti-American phrase (by not leaving that church) and then want to be president of the same country to be damned doesn't sit well with me.

Ahhh yes Rev. Wright! Another friend of Barack not to mention Tony Rezko.....
    All I say is research the candidates and make an informed decision and then VOTE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyinkc View Post
    Ahhh yes Rev. Wright! Another friend of Barack not to mention Tony Rezko.....
    All I say is research the candidates and make an informed decision and then VOTE!
    just remember their are skeletons in everyones closet. Looks like the potential vice president has some issues also with her pregnant daughter at 15 and her husband had a DUI. Not to mention the unflattering article in Playboy about McCain and the fact his father drove him to politics and B Goldwater even suggested he was self serving at best.

I think we should judge a candidate on their past records and votes and potential to change where we are now. And no I havent decided on my candidate yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    just remember their are skeletons in everyones closet. Looks like the potential vice president has some issues also with her pregnant daughter at 15 and her husband had a DUI. Not to mention the unflattering article in Playboy about McCain and the fact his father drove him to politics and B Goldwater even suggested he was self serving at best.

I think we should judge a candidate on their past records and votes and potential to change where we are now. And no I havent decided on my candidate yet. I just wish the mudslinging would end.
    Palin's daughter getting pregnant doesn't bother me too much. I had friends in high school and college who had the same happen to them or their partners I don't don't think any less of them. The DUI charge is a little more troublesome but I am voting for her, not her husband so that doesn't really bother me either. Lastly, I don't think I have ever taken anything Playboy magazine has said about politics all too seriously so that really don't even register with me.

By no means do I consider McCain or Palin to be choir boy/girl. Beyond local politics, I don't think it is very likely (or maybe even possible?) for someone to climb the political ladder w/o selling their soul to some degree. It is just with Obama, his past (and certainly his lack of a past) along with his views which are EXTREMELY partisan concern me more than McCain/Palin so I will pulling the lever for the Repub's this year. In four years, if the Democrats run someone more moderate like Indiana's former Governnor and current Senator Evan Bayh, I very well may vote for the Dem's but not this go round.
    Last edited by Bert31; 09-03-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post

I think we should judge a candidate on their past records and votes and potential to change where we are now. And no I havent decided on my candidate yet. I just wish the mudslinging would end.

All reports I have seen, heard and read suggest her pregnant daughter is 17 not 15 and she is engaged to be married.. I agree with you on the mudslinging and making a judgement on past records and votes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

that is hilarious. : )

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast