autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rule Of Three

Post Thanks / Like

Rule Of Three

Aybody ever here of the saying that bad things come in threes, well this past week off I experienced this first hand and it all happened to my car. First on my way back home from work I hit the cap of an 18 wheeler and it crushed in one part of my bumper, thankfully I was able to push the bumper back in and I had my bra on so no damage to the paint. Then a day later I curbed a rim pretty good and also took a chunk out of my tire which I haven't even paid off yet, luckly the tire will make it and the rim, well I just have to deal with it. So I was thinking to myself thats two I wonder what the hell is next, and sure enough I was be the responsible designated driver for my friends on cinco de mayo, and hit another 18 wheeler tire this time crushing the bumper again, breaking the lower grill, completely ripping my skid plate of and completely ripping the plastic insert in my passanger fenderwell out, oh and I didn't have the bra on so I have a few scratches now. I wanted to cry, man it sucked, what a week. Hopefully I will be able to fix everything without sending it to the bodyshop.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rule Of Three

WOW!!!! That is a bad week. Hopefully there will not be too much damage where as you could fix it yourself. And hopefully your bad luck is over for awhile.

Andy
    101impala
    Without trucks, America stops!

Post Thanks / Like

What I want to know is how you hit a semi? Not to be a ass....

Post Thanks / Like

18-Wheelers? Whats the deal there? I've never come close to a big rig, much less twice in one day. Think you need to elaborate on that parta lil bit. Otherwise you ARE the most unluckiest guy I know. And sorry about the car.....

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't hit a semi, a semi at some time had blow out and I hit the leftover parts, the cap, you know how they recap semi tires, which is stupid they always blow out affter doing that, the first time I had no room to swerve and the second time was at night and didn't see it till the last minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhhh I follow you now....

Funny story about those caps. I was hauling horse trailers with a friend to Vegas one weekend and he told me to drive while he slept. Never drove a big rig before, and he says "if there's something in the road, dont swerve, just straddle it". So while he's sleeping, one of those caps (I guess they call them 'Gators' in truck driver speak) popped up and like I was told, I straddled it. A few miles down the road I smell gas so I wake my friend up. We pulled over and low and behold the gator broke off the crossover T that goes between the two tanks. We jammed the end of a wooden pole in the hole and cruised to Vegas. Thanks to that gator, we had to stay in Vegas an extra day.

Again, sorry about your car....