autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: chilly checking in

Hope the Mrs. gets well soon.
    Isn 't there a filter for the heater? Or is the heater fan blowing the dust around? As oneheadlite suggested, perhaps ducting should help.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Hey Chilly! Great to see you able to post again - was wondering how life at the new house has been going.

My heart goes out to the Mrs on the back front (have had my own back adventures, but this isn't about me) - Hopefully things went as well as they could and she'll be feeling better soon!

For your heater, I wonder if ducting could be added to help diffuse the output to lessen the dust stirring effect without reducing heating performance?
    Thanks for checking in

Donna is doing great and the best part is her shoulders feel much better and as of now she is putting off the shoulder replacements which is a win in my book

I was thinking of some kind of ducting as well but I haven't had the time to really think it through

In the summer it is just not an issue and I have just about got all my extended families' cars sorted out so next winter might be just about keeping my rides clean and sorted out

Plus I am getting older and some days only being able to do a panel or two is a good excuse for an afternoon nap

Love your new avatar, sweet ride

I miss the TT that we gave to our grandson and he promptly trashed

Our next oldest granddaughter turns 16 in a few weeks and is hinting pretty heavy that I should give her my old 4Runner

We decided we are done supplying grandkids with cars since there are 2 more after her

I will see you around the forum

4. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Hope the Mrs. gets well soon.
    Isn 't there a filter for the heater? Or is the heater fan blowing the dust around? As oneheadlite suggested, perhaps ducting should help.
    Hey Ron

Donna is doing good, thanks for asking

There isn't a filter, just a fan on the back and the gas fired heater tubes the air blows over, so it basically just redistributes what is already in the air

We are in a very windy location and the lots next door and across the street are raw dirt so we inherit some of their dust when it gets really windy, which is often

If I can get the other side of the garage cleared out I think it will help because cars won't be directly under the heater

It will sort itself out one way or the other

6. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Hey Ron

Donna is doing good, thanks for asking

There isn't a filter, just a fan on the back and the gas fired heater tubes the air blows over, so it basically just redistributes what is already in the air

We are in a very windy location and the lots next door and across the street are raw dirt so we inherit some of their dust when it gets really windy, which is often

If I can get the other side of the garage cleared out I think it will help because cars won't be directly under the heater

It will sort itself out one way or the other
    Perhaps a space heater would be more ideal?

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Perhaps a space heater would be more ideal?
    I had thought about an electric one but never went past the thinking about it stage but it is certainly worth further study

The garage is about 800 sq ft so it would take a hefty heater

I need to figure out better weatherstripping for the garage doors as well because I feel like I am losing a lot of heat through the existing setup

The garage door panels are insulated but I even looked at some extra batting you can add to kick up the R value

I am just worried about diminishing returns on any mods

When I consider how much time I would actually spend out there doing critical stuff that demands super cleanliness I have to be realistic about it

Work in progress

10. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I rarely have time to detail now, or other hobbies(haven't been to the Cod in probably 6 months), I feel I have very little to contribute to this forum. I pop in weekly to read but so out of touch with what most people discus here I am merely a bystander at this point. Ah well.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I had thought about an electric one but never went past the thinking about it stage but it is certainly worth further study

The garage is about 800 sq ft so it would take a hefty heater

I need to figure out better weatherstripping for the garage doors as well because I feel like I am losing a lot of heat through the existing setup

The garage door panels are insulated but I even looked at some extra batting you can add to kick up the R value

I am just worried about diminishing returns on any mods

When I consider how much time I would actually spend out there doing critical stuff that demands super cleanliness I have to be realistic about it

Work in progress
    My dad has loved his Mr. Heater for a couple winters now for his shop. He retired his propane ones. It's like a mini torpedo heater but punchs over it's weigh class. Just noisy is all.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

14. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123