autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Last month, on the 18th, a distracted (being nice) driver totaled my black 2013 Camaro, and I was found "at fault" for swerving to keep him from t-boning me. I still get MAGOR POed even thinking about it.

Fast-forward, and my wife (bless her), who found the black one as a Christmas present to me in 2015, also found its replacement.

The new (to me) one, is a 2017 Camaro 2LT. 3.6 V6, 6 speed manual trans and ALL the toys with 80K miles. It was a 6 hour road trip to get the car, but it was worth it - because the previous owner installed an Edelbrock Supercharger!! Which took the REAR WHEEL horsepower to 376 (442 @ crank).

Today is "D" day, as in detail. I did an intense wash and decon of the beautiful blue paint yesterday, removed a TON of TOGW (and there's still some left that I missed yesterday). Otherwise, it's in really good condition-the last owner took decent care of it, just not to MY standards. The only 'rough spots' are the roof and trunk lid (water spots and light-medium swirling).

I ordered Dr Beasley's NSP 95, which is being delivered TODAY, and I was sent some NXTZEN 365 Pro (a 1 year coating) by the US distributor with the instructions to fully test and report on my experience honestly.

So not only is the new car getting its first real detail, I get to try out the Dr's primer polish and a sample of a 1-year coating (my 1st coating). So I will make a video of it all and post it to YouTube either tonight or tomorrow.

"It didn't happen without pics," so here you go:

Over $14,100 in damage

The new one

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I hit like as your new baby is beautiful. Love that blue. Sounds like you weren't injured, that's the most important thing.

Years ago I had a near miss when a Nissan Patrol drove straight through a stop sign, I was turning into the street he was coming out of, I floored it and spun the wheel and got the back end out of the way. I wonder what would have happened if he got me, the fuel tank was in the back end of that car.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

3. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really sucks, glad your ok Don! Sounds cliche but the car can be replaced and SURE WAS, you can't beThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Now about that car...no more black paint to deal with and HUUUUGE upgrade in powerThe Camaro is dead! Long live the CamaroThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro Does it have an exhaust? With the S/C'er upgrade though I've gotta ask...are those brakes being upgradedThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Looking forward to years of pics coming at usThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wow that really sucks, glad your ok Don! Sounds cliche but the car can be replaced and SURE WAS, you can't beThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Now about that car...no more black paint to deal with and HUUUUGE upgrade in powerThe Camaro is dead! Long live the CamaroThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro Does it have an exhaust? With the S/C'er upgrade though I've gotta ask...are those brakes being upgradedThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

Looking forward to years of pics coming at usThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

The car has (I believe) the RS package with the 2LT option. Which means it has a top speed of 155 (at least before the supercharger tune). But, most of all, I don't plan on testing the car's limits.

Yes, aftermarket exhaust as well.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    The car has (I believe) the RS package with the 2LT option. Which means it has a top speed of 155 (at least before the supercharger tune). But, most of all, I don't plan on testing the car's limits.
    GreatThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

I asked about the exhaust because every V6 Camaro with an exhaust sounds horrible, must the type of V6 they run as far as the degree of the VThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about ur accident.....but as was stated before, no one was hurt. Love the color of the new ride, btw

10. Likes Klasse Act, Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked about the exhaust because every V6 Camaro with an exhaust sounds horrible, must the type of V6 they run as far as the degree of the VThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro
    You know I never really thought about the angle of that engine, but you're right, it's 60°, like its unrelated (I think? but you'll tell me) predecessor the X-car 2.8/later 3.1 engine, which was a horrible motor...well, let's say a troublesome one.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GreatThe Camaro is dead! Long live the Camaro

This one is subdued, there is a little 'burble' when I first hit the gas and a small amount of burbling when I coast in gear, but it sounds pretty good overall.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The dash cams I ordered were just dropped off on the porch
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

16. Likes bill walsh, Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post