autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Challenger SRT DEMON wide body. Last call.

2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Challenger SRT DEMON wide body. Last call.

Well...it's like PT Barnum said Challenger SRT DEMON wide body. Last call.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it never sells lol. Dealer markup on a new car is just asinine. I get it, if they aquire something on trade or get lucky and buy at an auction. The manufacturer should put a percent caap on any markup or they lose the ability to sell.

6. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the whole dealer markup thing will continue as long as people are willing to pay it. And there seems to be a lots of people who do...

I think the MSRP is a little silly as is and I'm not sure what Dodge is thinking. Yeah it's got a fire-breathing dragon under the hood and a few other goodies, but nothing I'd say warrants an MSRP over six-figures. It's still just a Challenger at it's heart. Special edition? How many have they done so far?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody hopes to be a star at Barrett-Jackson 2074Challenger SRT DEMON wide body. Last call.Challenger SRT DEMON wide body. Last call.Challenger SRT DEMON wide body. Last call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Yeah, the whole dealer markup thing will continue as long as people are willing to pay it. And there seems to be a lots of people who do...

I think the MSRP is a little silly as is and I'm not sure what Dodge is thinking. Yeah it's got a fire-breathing dragon under the hood and a few other goodies, but nothing I'd say warrants an MSRP over six-figures. It's still just a Challenger at it's heart. Special edition? How many have they done so far?
    Agree. Have driven them, detailed them, even considered a nice 392 back in the day but at the end of it, regardless of the power, it's a rental car on an old MB Platform with a big motor. $35 for a used 392 used to be the norm and that was pushing it. Hellcats were overpriced from day 1 but today at 80-100k or whatever they are bringing it's just stupidity. This is Stupidity on steroids.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Agree. Have driven them, detailed them, even considered a nice 392 back in the day but at the end of it, regardless of the power, it's a rental car on an old MB Platform with a big motor. $35 for a used 392 used to be the norm and that was pushing it. Hellcats were overpriced from day 1 but today at 80-100k or whatever they are bringing it's just stupidity. This is Stupidity on steroids.
    So true. New it should be around $60K even with all the recent inflation.

I helped my son-in-law walk through the process of shopping and buying a Scat Pack Charger back in early '21 when Dodge was putting all sorts of discounts on unsold MY20 models to get them off the lots. He got his for something like $6K+ below MSRP. Right before the car market lost it's mind. It was a childhood dream car for him and since he is a very large man I was just thrilled he went with something he really liked and didn't just settle for a pickup or SUV.

I have to admit the car sounds amazing, but other than that it didn't really impress me. It's shockingly heavy and you feel it when driving. The brakes and ride aren't bad, but nothing earth-shattering. Interior is decent, but again, nothing class leading or even special. I did notice that for such a massive car, the interior both front and back are pretty cramped. Maybe because they continued using a platform from a 20+ year old MB E-Class, but you'd think they could have designed an interior that makes better use of the space over all the years it was on the market.

I have to hand it to Dodge though. They essentially sold the same car with only slight mechanical and cosmetic differences and a truck-load of special editions since 2006! And people kept buying them! Dodge must have recouped the development costs long ago. The Mustang has been refreshed three times (?) and an entire lifecycle of the Camaro has come and gone in the same time.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

13. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    So true. New it should be around $60K even with all the recent inflation.

I have to hand it to Dodge though. They essentially sold the same car with only slight mechanical and cosmetic differences and a truck-load of special editions since 2006! And people kept buying them! Dodge must have recouped the development costs long ago. The Mustang has been refreshed three times (?) and an entire lifecycle of the Camaro has come and gone in the same time.
    100%. They did well. I think the move to EV's for them however is going to be a disaster. The one to buy today if you want new and nice is the last year 300C with the 6.2l Low to mid $50's around me and fully loaded.....with 2006 technology. LOL! but still very nice for a full size huge land yach with guts.

I'll stick with my Accord. Just as big if not more usable rear seat comfort, looks better, more advanced and far cheaper for a daily. Though used 300's are low 20's anymore. Just get the warranty.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

The next Challenger/Charger or whatever it's called DOES have the I6 turbo but they've been so tight lipped, not even going to the Chicago Auto Show this year, ###!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I hope it never sells lol. Dealer markup on a new car is just asinine. I get it, if they aquire something on trade or get lucky and buy at an auction. The manufacturer should put a percent caap on any markup or they lose the ability to sell.
    Eh, it's a knife that cuts both ways. When we bought our previous 2 new 'fun' cars, they were at the end of that particular generations' run. Dealers were anxious to get them off of lots so invoice pricing, 0% financing/rebates from mfg and so forth; I certainly wasn't going to demand they stick to MSRP in that situation. Demand was waning so price dropped accordingly; demand high, prices high. At the end of the day, no one is forcing people to buy these toys so if I'm a dealer and someone is willing to pay extra and I'm not particularly concerned with developing a long-term relationship with them, I'll cash your check.

Works in all areas. We were quite happy to sell our previous home in 2021 for FAR more than I thought it was worth, even with inflation adjusted dollars factored into original purchase price. When we bought a new house in 2022 I was on the other end of the equation w/ inflated housing prices and paid more than I thought it was truly 'worth' but that was the environment and had to live somewhere!

I guess it all depends on perspective of whether a buyer and seller of any particular item in a given market climate w/ an eye towards business goal (develop longer term relationship at lower profit and hope that pays off over time) or make a quick buck.

17. Likes Azure, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast