autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issue using AutoGeek gift certificate

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    It’s startling how slimmed down their inventory is. Brands dropped, limited on some of the brands they have. I wonder what their plan is?
    They always dropped SKU's/brands that didn't move. I think they probably have just changed the threshold. As Poorboy astutely noted some time ago on the other forum, "(I) Don`t think it`s a big secret they are using a fulfillment company and they changed their business model , limited their line, and moved into offices .. we all are doing what it takes to survive these days".

As I always say in these threads, although one never knows, I think the doom-and-gloomers are misreading things. I think they likely have a pretty good business model now, even though it may no longer be as appealing to the harder core enthusiasts like those of us who are still here. We still get newbs coming here and to Autopia, so my sense is there are still fresh customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Issue using AutoGeek gift certificate

It’s startling how slimmed down their inventory is. Brands dropped, limited on some of the brands they have. I wonder what their plan is?
    The costs of maintaining all of their inventory had to be, uh…impressive.

Looking for glass cleaner? Choose from Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Blackfire, McKees, DP, Gyeon, CarPro, Gtechniq & probably 5 or 6 other brands. Issue using AutoGeek gift certificate

Throw in the different sizes of each and that just can’t be practical long term.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    The costs of maintaining all of their inventory had to be, uh…impressive.

Looking for glass cleaner? Choose from Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Blackfire, McKees, DP, Gyeon, CarPro, Gtechniq & probably 5 or 6 other brands. Issue using AutoGeek gift certificate

Throw in the different sizes of each and that just can’t be practical long term.
    That’s a good point about the inventory size. I can also see why they may not want to sell some of the products sold at the store retail level. I was very surprised when they brought in Turtle Wax hybrid solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously it was practical long-term back in the day when Mike Phillips was there every day making videos and posting threads using all the products, and teaching classes doing the same thing. As I noted before, even then Meghan was pretty ruthless in cutting out the slow movers--but probably just to make room for a new product they would promote as above.

It seems to me that since they have shed the personnel and facility overhead of the Autogeek facility, and are likely managing the company now from Indy with no Florida presence at all, that it could be profitable for a good while with minimal management costs. And they are still selling on Amazon, so they at least have visibility there.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was on the site looking to spend my birthday gift certificate there were brands listed, clicked onto them and there would 1-3 items and some nothing at all.

Hopefully they overhaul the whole thing and have a decent site once again Issue using AutoGeek gift certificate

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Obviously it was practical long-term back in the day when Mike Phillips was there every day making videos and posting threads using all the products, and teaching classes doing the same thing. As I noted before, even then Meghan was pretty ruthless in cutting out the slow movers--but probably just to make room for a new product they would promote as above.
    I guess the definition of long-term practicability really depends on the goals of those steering the ship. What mighta been OK under Bob M as far as revenues/growth might not have tickled the toes of new ownership. :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It seems to me that since they have shed the personnel and facility overhead of the Autogeek facility, and are likely managing the company now from Indy with no Florida presence at all, that it could be profitable for a good while with minimal management costs. And they are still selling on Amazon, so they at least have visibility there.
    Ran across this, perhaps posted before but I never saw it: Why AutoGeek Moved to ShipBob’s Outsourced Fulfillment Solution

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the definition of long-term practicability really depends on the goals of those steering the ship. What mighta been OK under Bob M as far as revenues/growth might not have tickled the toes of new ownership. :shrug:

Ran across this, perhaps posted before but I never saw it: Why AutoGeek Moved to ShipBob’s Outsourced Fulfillment Solution
    Neat article. I can see why doing business that way would lower overhead and make for more flexibility for growth. I think I’ve ordered once since the big change and can’t recall seeing at arrive sooner though. I wonder if the west coast people have faster shipping since the change? I remember seeing here in the past about west coast people commenting on the longer shipping times.

Do they still a presence in Florida at all now? I think part of the appeal of going to the site and watching the videos was the Florida car culture that was shown.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was a puppies and rainbows version of it from the fulfillment house, they couldn't even get Jason's name right. I'd paint it a little more like "Bob didn't renew our lease, Mike & Yancy quit, and since we bought the company mostly to sell Sonax which we are the importer of, why don't we just sub out the fulfillment and run everything out of Indy".

9. Likes 01GreyStangGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they still a presence in Florida at all now? I think part of the appeal of going to the site and watching the videos was the Florida car culture that was shown.
    I don't think they do. They seemed to have moved to another Florida location when they moved out of the AutoGeek building, I'm not sure if that was intended to be temporary or whether it just worked out that way. Meghan left, not sure if that was because or why they closed the new Florida location. Renny Doyle did an interview with her a couple of years ago and she mentioned that she had just finished that move to the new location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12