autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AIRMOTO Tire compressor.

WOW. Tech has made things small! Rated #1 across the boards. Anyone have one by chance? I like that it shuts off once the correct pressure is reached.

Airmoto™ Best-Selling Tire Inflator (getairmoto.com)
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIRMOTO Tire compressor.

That looks pretty cool! The only thing I don't like about it is it looks like you have to screw the hose onto the valve, which always leads to some loss of pressure when you unscrew it. Of course, in this case you have to have it screwed on because it probably takes several minutes to pump up the tire, I would imagine a bunch longer if it was almost flat.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The size is a positive - easy to tuck in the spare tire compartment. I am a bit leery of USB powered stuff though. I also note that the fill hose is of a similar small stature. Hoping someone can provide their experience with one

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool, but I'm on the skeptical side TBH. Seems pretty low profile for something that needs to move air under pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for that particular pump, but I had a pump that was an add-on to a jump pack I have (can't remember the name offhand). It's a square about the length of a deck of cards, about an inch and a half thick. I would put any pump in that size class as an in-case-of-emergency type pump, or as an inflator for your hacked pump up sprayer.

After using the little square guy a handful of times you could tell the internals must have gotten worn because they're just not meant to churn for extended periods of time - it would take noticeably longer than it originally had to bump pressure up. Still, better than no air in an emergency; especially when so many gas stations charge to run the air hose these days.

6. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As oneheadlite said, this seems like it might be good to keep in the car for an emergency, but since it's $75+, if you have room at your residence, you can get a small pancake compressor for less than that, that would be more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Tons of similar ones on Amazon for a lot less.

I just got one from Ryobi for $30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Milwaukee M12 inflator and it's great. I'm already in the M12 system with a couple of tools and extra batteries, so it made sense to get it too. It's small enough, not terribly loud, and can top off 8 tires with the small 2.0V battery.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see that put 80psi in my van...
    ·Ď˘ĺrµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

AIRMOTO Tire compressor.

So after seeing this thread and then watching some videos etc, I decided I want one lol. I ended up buying one that someone suggested on a nerd podcast I listen to. It's a Ugreen battery operated tire inflator. I bought it off Amazon earlier this month. It's $60 currently, same price I paid the beginning of January. It comes with a few fittings for sport balls and different valve sizes. It charges USB-C and has inflation modes with default settings, but you can easily change the inflation level to whatever you want. The only thing I didn't like was that the car mode was in bar. Minor complaint as you can just convert, but my wife would not remember what those conversion were and have to look it up every time. I think you might be able to set the default, so maybe that would help with that issue. Anyway, this thing works pretty damn good and it was really nice when the temps got down below 0 and the tire pressure warnings came on both cars. I could just connect it to the tire and push a button and run back in the house lol. It only took like 40 seconds to go up 5 PSI on the tires, then it stops automatically. Much better than having to plug in the compressor and wait for it to fill, do my business, and then have to let all the air out of the compressor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast