autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Soundbars

Post Thanks / Like

TV Soundbars

Kind of been interested in soundbars as of late. Saw this BOSE advertised on one of the shopping channels yesterday. Looked and sounded impressive. Currently have a 55" INSIGNA tv.

Bose TV Speaker – Soundbar for TV

Thoughts?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TV Soundbars

I’ve always heard that Bose is better advertisement than sound but never heard one in real life. We recently put a TV in a room we turned into a library. We put an Apple TV in there and a pair of HomePod minis. We’ve been really impressed with them. We have a soundbar in our bedroom (don’t remember the brand) and the HomePods outperform them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been impressed with most Bose products for the price they charge. We have a Bose compact soundbar which was given to us by a family member. It serves it's purpose to make content on the TV easier to hear, but the sound quality isn't anything fantastic. I do however really like my noise cancelling ear phones though.

A couple years ago we picked up a Vizo 2.1 sound bar system (sound bar and a subwoofer) and really like it. We paid less than $200 for it. The sub is wireless and we connect the sound bar to the TV via an optical cable. The sound quality is really good, very crisp and clear. The TV sits in a large open area, so we weren't going for a home theater experience. We just wanted something that would allow us to clearly hear everything anywhere in the open space and it delivers. I doubt we've ever had to turn it up above 50%.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes Icarus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't personally heard these but I'd be inclined to say get a soundbar with an external subwoofer if you have the space for it.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonos Beam or Sonos Arc would be the best way to go.....
    Great App. Easy to expand if you have the room/budget (subs, or rears, etc).
    Ecosystem is great

8. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've never been impressed with most Bose products for the price they charge. We have a Bose compact soundbar which was given to us by a family member. It serves it's purpose to make content on the TV easier to hear, but the sound quality isn't anything fantastic. I do however really like my noise cancelling ear phones though.

A couple years ago we picked up a Vizo 2.1 sound bar system (sound bar and a subwoofer) and really like it. We paid less than $200 for it. The sub is wireless and we connect the sound bar to the TV via an optical cable. The sound quality is really good, very crisp and clear. The TV sits in a large open area, so we weren't going for a home theater experience. We just wanted something that would allow us to clearly hear everything anywhere in the open space and it delivers. I doubt we've ever had to turn it up above 50%.
    +1 vote on the Vizio. I think we talked about them in a post a while back, ended up getting the M21_somethingsomething (HD8R?) - says it's a 2.1 system but the woofers are integrated into the bar. We've been really happy with it. Huge improvement over just through the TV, subs surprisingly carry through to the basement if you're putting them to use.

If you're using it in a house where you're usually watching movies not with your 8 YO sleeping upstairs, I'd totally go up a notch and get the external sub version.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus the new soundbars have bluetooth capability so great to stream music as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 65" Sony with a Sony sound bar with a sub woofer and the difference with and without the sound bar is like night and day. Even without music, there's a huge difference in the sound. A musical program is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Sonos Beam or Sonos Arc would be the best way to go.....
    Great App. Easy to expand if you have the room/budget (subs, or rears, etc).
    Ecosystem is great
    I second Sonos! I have all of the sound bars and you can not go wrong with them. I have a beam with a sub mini in my office and love it.

I have the ARC and Gen 2 sub in my family room and it sounds amazing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just got done hooking up the BOSE a bit ago. Used the optical cable provided. HOLY CRAP! Sounds like a new TV. Way better than what I expected. Even the bass is decent. Hearing things I did not before. Dialogue mode is amazing. Going to spend more time with it tonight and will give final thoughts later here.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes MisterSnoop, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 45