autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Soundbars

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TV Soundbars

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Just got done hooking up the BOSE a bit ago. Used the optical cable provided. HOLY CRAP! Sounds like a new TV. Way better than what I expected. Even the bass is decent. Hearing things I did not before. Dialogue mode is amazing. Going to spend more time with it tonight and will give final thoughts later here.
    You should connect through HDMI cable. It’s the best connection possible and better than optical + in most cases it’s the link to be able to use your current TV remote to adjust the soundbars volume instead of having to use 2 remotes.

As far as soundbar, I decided to buy a TCL Alto8+ 3.1.2 soundbar with wireless subwoofer on sale price $100 which is a steal for what you get. Not to mention the original price when released was $699.00 which is crazy. I have it hooked up to a 50” TCL HDTV so it hooks up seamlessly.

It has enough bass to rock the walls + it does Dolby Atmos which is cool when watching movies on Prime. For $100 I bought another 1 just days later and gave it to my parents.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to use the ARC input but that is currently being used by the DIRECTV set up. So digital was my option. Not a big deal.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

TV Soundbars

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    I wanted to use the ARC input but that is currently being used by the DIRECTV set up. So digital was my option. Not a big deal.
    Does the soundbar have an both HDMI input and output? If so, you can run the DirecTV box into the soundbars HDMI input and connect the soundbar out to the TV’s Arc input. Then it all comes together like synergy. Lol.

Or choose an input that’s not in use at all times such as the PS5 if it requires you to toggle its sound on/off whenever you need sound on. [if it doesn’t automatically pass though]

You’re missing out using that optical cable. That was cutting edge tech in the 80’s-90’s.TV Soundbars You can’t get Dolby Atmos to work on optical, only HDMI can do it.TV Soundbars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You should connect through HDMI cable. It’s the best connection possible and better than optical + in most cases it’s the link to be able to use your current TV remote to adjust the soundbars volume instead of having to use 2 remotes.
    Depending on the TV and your set-up, it may not be a problem.

I've got a couple sound bars in our house. Two are connected via the optical cable and one via the HDMI. One TV with HDMI and one with optical are both are totally controlled (power, streaming choice, volume) with a single third party remote that came with the video source (Roku and Direct TV Android streaming box). It seems only our second hand Bose sound bar needs to use it's own remote for volume when connected via optical. The TV with the Bose bar is limited on ports and I'm not sure it even has a ARC HDMI available.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 45