autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Those who live where it snows, do you deal with this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Try a state with less certainty! 60s all week until Friday. On Friday the day started calling for 1-3 inches... no problem. Then suddenly it starts snowing at 9pm and the estimated range goes from 1-8 inches. We got maybe 2 inches and it stopped by 11pm.
    On another (subject matter) forum, I was complaining about the weather forecast, and another member worked for the NWS and was trying to explain to us how hard it is to forecast the weather at least at that very localized level.

I love the variance and prevalence of sunshine here
    Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Over here they damn near interrupt normally scheduled programming with a message from the ⛔️Emergency Broadcast Center⛔️if we get an inch of rain.Those who live where it snows, do you deal with this nonsense?lol.
    I remember being on the freeway in LA in the rain and being frustrated at how slow everyone was driving, and thinking to myself "c'mon, this isn't snow!"; and you even have the grooved roads there, or don't they do that anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    On another (subject matter) forum, I was complaining about the weather forecast, and another member worked for the NWS and was trying to explain to us how hard it is to forecast the weather at least at that very localized level.

Where is that?

I remember being on the freeway in LA in the rain and being frustrated at how slow everyone was driving, and thinking to myself "c'mon, this isn't snow!"; and you even have the grooved roads there, or don't they do that anymore?
    I'm in Colorado... only some of the warmest states have more sunshine days than us.

But we prefer everyone to think it's cold and frigid here in these mountains. Don't relocate here whatever you do Those who live where it snows, do you deal with this nonsense?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Colorado... only some of the warmest states have more sunshine days than us.

But we prefer everyone to think it's cold and frigid here in these mountains. Don't relocate here whatever you do Those who live where it snows, do you deal with this nonsense?
    Ha ha ha...I remember talking to someone who had to relocate there from San Diego (which near the coast has the most temperate climate in the US, at that time the average year round temp there was 72 or something), and he tried to put a Colorado spin on it "we have 300 days of sunshine a year". I've only been to Colorado during the summer, but I was there one time when I was a kid and we drove up in the mountains to the highest point in the state, you probably know where it is, I don't remember, and there was a big lodge there with a restaurant and souvenir shop, and I remember getting to throw a snowball off the edge of a cliff...I think it was August. I think I was 7 or 8 so that impressed me a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha ha...I remember talking to someone who had to relocate there from San Diego (which near the coast has the most temperate climate in the US, at that time the average year round temp there was 72 or something), and he tried to put a Colorado spin on it "we have 300 days of sunshine a year". I've only been to Colorado during the summer, but I was there one time when I was a kid and we drove up in the mountains to the highest point in the state, you probably know where it is, I don't remember, and there was a big lodge there with a restaurant and souvenir shop, and I remember getting to throw a snowball off the edge of a cliff...I think it was August. I think I was 7 or 8 so that impressed me a lot.
    Mount Evans maybe? Another example of something that now has a system in place to help limit the amount of traffic due to all the transplants and tourists. And yeah, many summers you'll have snow at the highest points year-round. Some years you can ski from Oct-July. In July it's skiing in jeans and short sleeve t-shirts.

Those that move here from the warmer climates get a real eye opening experience in winter. It can be 60 and sunny on the drive into work and a foot of snow on the way home. For a week after those events think I could be a car salesman and retire.

Born and raised here so I love it but we're very happy to have more outgoing than incoming finally. Infrastructure and cost of living can't handle the last 10-20yrs of people relocating here.

Post Thanks / Like

Mount Evans maybe?
    I guess? Unless I'm mixing something up, it was supposed to be the highest point in the Rockies in CO, but not the highest point in the Rockies. I know we were in Estes Park, may have driven to that mountaintop from there. Sheesh, this is triggering memories I haven't thought about in a long time, about getting altitude sickness or something like that on a trampoline in Estes Park. At least that's what my father told me it was, maybe it was just from all the bouncing.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess? Unless I'm mixing something up, it was supposed to be the highest point in the Rockies in CO, but not the highest point in the Rockies. I know we were in Estes Park, may have driven to that mountaintop from there. Sheesh, this is triggering memories I haven't thought about in a long time, about getting altitude sickness or something like that on a trampoline in Estes Park. At least that's what my father told me it was, maybe it was just from all the bouncing.
    In Estes it could've been Trail Ridge Road.

For all these highest point spots the difference between them is minimal... and altitude sickness would be a real possibility at any of them. Many times visitors can only go so high or go for so long without getting hit by the impacts. Many complain about headaches even just in the Denver area and something like Trail Ridge goes almost another 8,000 feet up. Mount Evans, Pikes Peak, etc go up almost another 10,000ft from Denver... lots of altitude sickness opportunity

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234