autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

JEEP GLADIATOR. Major water leaks

Jeep Gladiator major water leaks - YouTube

Interesting video on one guy's experience. I see FIAT still has problems. Love jeeps, but my 07 and 12 had major water leak issues too. Loved my 12 Arctic edition but dumped it due to constant water leak issues that could not be fixed.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: JEEP GLADIATOR. Major water leaks

Did you come out to your dash bath toys floating around the interior?? JK JK...from a Bronco owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I always thought the Wrangler and the Gladiator were better built than their other products. My wife had a 90's Cherokee and it was total junk. Since then we've known people with Grand Cherokee's and all of them had significant quality issues. One they bought knew and sold it after only a couple of years of ownership. I think the most recent Consumer Reports survey relfected there are still issues, but I haven't read the article.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of the full size trucks - Ram, GM, Ford - had the high 3rd brake light leak issues. Or should I say 'known' issues. The manufacturers made no hurries to fix the issues in the designs. Owners using silicone or reaching to the aftermarket for fixes.

Brand loyalty.... was that a 2 way street??

Post Thanks / Like

Within a month of buying my FJ Cruiser we had some very heavy rain, the next morning when I got in I realised that the drivers seatbelt was wet. The seatbelts for the front seats are mounted in the rear suicide doors on the FJ. When this happened, I thought, "oh no, is this a thing with the FJ, why didn't I find this out before I bought it". But it only happened that one time, and I never figured out why, all the doors were closed properly, you can't actually lock it if anything is ajar, even the back window.

I tend to expect that anything with a removable roof, or panels, is likely to have water ingress issues. I'd really like a convertible, or even something with a sunroof, but I've known quite a few people who've had leaking issues, so I'd probably never have one as a daily driver.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    Did you come out to your dash bath toys floating around the interior?? JK JK...from a Bronco owner.
    Interesting as it appears Bronco owners are not immune either. I saw a Bronco the other day (lady driving of course), and the panel gaps were horrible. Not as bad as Tesla, but man reminded me of the a '70 Dodge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    Interesting as it appears Bronco owners are not immune either. I saw a Bronco the other day (lady driving of course), and the panel gaps were horrible. Not as bad as Tesla, but man reminded me of the a '70 Dodge.
    Yep. There was that whole hard-top issue early on. Not sure if it is still a problem.

Motortrend Ford Bronco Hardtop Problems

Build quality has always held me back from purchasing Ford products. Over the last 10 years or so, I've looked seriously at Ford products several times and build quality kept me away.

As for Jeeps, I really want to like them. The new Grand Cherokees and Wagoneers look really nice, but the reliability issues and our past personal experience keeps me away.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Likes Ace22, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Within a month of buying my FJ Cruiser we had some very heavy rain, the next morning when I got in I realised that the drivers seatbelt was wet. The seatbelts for the front seats are mounted in the rear suicide doors on the FJ. When this happened, I thought, "oh no, is this a thing with the FJ, why didn't I find this out before I bought it". But it only happened that one time, and I never figured out why, all the doors were closed properly, you can't actually lock it if anything is ajar, even the back window.

I tend to expect that anything with a removable roof, or panels, is likely to have water ingress issues. I'd really like a convertible, or even something with a sunroof, but I've known quite a few people who've had leaking issues, so I'd probably never have one as a daily driver.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    LOL. When I had my FJ, I did the same thing once, Door was not shut right. Of course, the dealer did not find anything.
    2018 Colorado ZR2