Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
I think that article is a little misleading, they single out GM, those subscription fees are for OnStar, their telematics service. Telematics, regardless of the company (I believe GM is the first that had it), has always been a subscription-based service. I'll give you a dollar, hell, make it $10 (in Eldo's $2 bills) if a dealer ever tells you that you have to subscribe to get your heated seats to work.

EDIT:

Yeah, not here, read the article. I wish you guys would calm down. This kind of talk has been going on since GM changed to Torx fasteners to hold the headlights in...in like 1978. You should have heard everyone "they don't want you to be able to change your own headlight, they want you to take it to the dealer, pretty soon you won't be able to do any work on your own car". 1978. Torx. Calm down.

PS I've changed the headlights many times in my '82 Chevette...because I was able to get a Torx driver...in 1978.

PPS Remember when they came out with the tamper-proof Torx screws? Because "they don't want you to be able to fix the stuff you buy!" Yeah, I have a set of tamper-proof Torx drivers, too. It's the end of the world...still going, since 1978, and that was even BEFORE they made the first Terminator movie that you guys don't remember. If you guys are worried about this kind of stuff, try getting parts for an '82 Chevette, then you'll be crying about what the car companies are doing, it's a conspiracy, I tell you.

PPPS Oh lighten up, it's Sunday. Besides, Flash isn't here, somebody has to do this.
I've "settled down" and Google it just to confirm my memory...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk