autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

When I bought the Camaro it had a sticker of who did the work with the pro charger. I took it to him to inspect before I bought.

Although it came with a programmed tune this guy dyno’d tuned it himself. He wansnt a fan of off the shelf tunes.

I wasn’t sure but he said if I didn’t buy it at the price I got it for he said too let him know as he had 3 friends who would buy it.

I did have a an Ngage tuner for the Fifty set up for the mods I had and it was solid….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah...tuning it on the dyno so it's tailored to your actual car and its modsFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!
    Ah. OK. He was referring to a custom tune vs and off-the-shelf tune. I had totally forgotten about the custom work.

$500 is less than I paid for my off tye shelf tuneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!��From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, it was back in 2005 so prices have likely gone up!
    I think this has a lot to do with the platform and the volume of cars being tuned. For my GTI, a stage 1 tune was (and still is) right around $500. For a newer VAG 4-cyclinder engine it's about $600. A stage 1 for my BMW would have been around $600 and I paid about $300 for the software tune for the suspension. I just looked up the prices to make sure things haven't changed much.

In both cases, a tuner can do development and their product can be used on tons of different models running the same engine across multiple model lines, and possibly even a generation or two of those models. In the case of these Hyudai engines, the numbers are way smaller and the developers have to charge a lot more to recoupe their costs.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes BudgetPlan1, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy Hectour and I will be working on the EN this weekend. He wants to work backwards, starting with swapping the tuned ECU for the stock one, taking it out for a run and see what's up. He thinks this tune is THEE issue here. If that works out, he'll swap the stock plugs back in and we'll call it a day.
    Sadly, after everything you've shared, I think he's right. Other than the grounding and the whole knock sensor problem, many of the issues may point back to the tune.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the eve of this neutering, why is partial throttle so hard to get right but WOT easyFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

THE RESULTS ARE INFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So my buddy Hectour swapped out the "tuned" ECU and back in went the replacement ECU that Hyundai's techline told them to put in, so the ECU, spark plugs and coils are now all 100% once againFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

We took it for a ride and it was SMOOTH immediately, partial throttle and NO ISSUES, street driving AND freeway...NO ISSUESFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The one step colder NGK spark plugs that came out (3800 miles) looked as good as the O.E.M. NGK's that came out (12K), so no issues there, same for the coils, although those were swapped back in monthes ago because we "thought" they caused the dyno day fiascoFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

When I did the 0-60 mph pull w/ my buddy Hectour in the car I got that 5.53 time, no wheel hop @2800 rpm launch. After leaving his place I went to my usual "secret test location" and used the launch control at the same 2800 rpm and got "a little" hop but netted a 5.31 0-60 mph, so not too badFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The onboard dyno showed 304 ps (300 hp) and 269 lbs ft(17 psi) but an actual dyno pull is coming soon for the most accurate numbers. My car stock is rated @276 hp and 289 lbs ft, measured differently for sure. I now have the following bolt ons:

-N Performance intakeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

- Shark From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! Racing turbo inlet pipeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

-Stillen mid-pipeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

-Powerflex trio of bushesFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

As far as the future of the ECU tune, I'm not sure at this point. My buddy has the Stillen TruControl piggyback with ZERO issues, still have to octane learn with that thoughFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Finally I included the last email from the tuner when I explained the whole "hiccup" thing to him and this is what I got.....

9. Likes BudgetPlan1, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

### is he even TRYING to say here From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's extremely frustrating, and does sound a bit like ass covering. But in truth, if he's sold the same tune multiple times and yours is the only time this issue has occurred, then frustratingly, it might actually be something individual to your car. Sorry, probably not what you want to hear.

You can always leave an honest review, say it didn't work for your car, had some weird issues that disappeared when you returned it to stock, may or may not have been the tune, but you don't know without spending a lot of money to find out.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Well that's extremely frustrating, and does sound a bit like ass covering. But in truth, if he's sold the same tune multiple times and yours is the only time this issue has occurred, then frustratingly, it might actually be something individual to your car. Sorry, probably not what you want to hear.

You can always leave an honest review, say it didn't work for your car, had some weird issues that disappeared when you returned it to stock, may or may not have been the tune, but you don't know without spending a lot of money to find out.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Yeah I already left a good review but going forward I've gotta say what really happened in the 440 miles of driving with THAT tune, not to mention the 1st tune breaking up on the dynoFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe get some other thoughts. Give Burger Motorsports a call. I think he has alot of success with his JB4 upgrades. The Genesis and Kia crowd like his stuff. He has knowledge of these cars. See if he has encountered cars with the issues you have had.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Agree it does sound like he's playing defense. It is interesting the YouTube reviewer also mentioned issues with this tune, so it can't be that uncommon. Hard to say how widespread the issues may be.

I am glad to hear the car is in a stable state and running good.

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast