autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tuner says it's a plug or coilFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!
    Thing is, the car ran STRONG immediately after getting the tune re-installed, I don't get it and I feel like throwing in the towel here
    Are there any Hyundai enthusiasts in the Chicago area or a shop that might be able to help you with doing some data logging?

When I've followed people in the past who've started chasing issues like this, being able to pull data logs from the sensors in the engine and then put those logs where the the "nerds" with the really deep knowledge of engine management could see them helped nail down the real problem(s).

Don't know if you have the patience to go that deep.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Are there any Hyundai enthusiasts in the Chicago area or a shop that might be able to help you with doing some data logging?

When I've followed people in the past who've started chasing issues like this being able to pull data logs from the sensors in the engine and then put those logs where the the "nerds" with the really deep knowledge of engine management could see the values being passed when the engine wasn't running right and nail down the real problem.

Don't know if you have the patience to go that deep.
    Your right, I don't have the patience but more importantly the intellect for it eitherFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The data logging has been suggested to me but I guess you gotta buy some program for the laptop and start driving, get the data and send it to the tuner for "fine tuning", this is, as I'm sure you know, is an "off the shelf" tuneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

He said previously it's "high timing, low boost and I have no idea what degree timing I have my boost is 20-22 psi depending upon the weatherFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Over the weekend I'm going to my buddy Hectours and bringing my stock ECU, 13K original plugs and just incase, the infamous MSD coils. He wants to start with swapping the ECU and taking it out right away and see what happens, if it doesn't do it we know it's the tuned ECU, we'll also swap the stock plugs back in as well...then call it day, back to 295 hp and 269 lbs ft, what a step downFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Your right, I don't have the patience but more importantly the intellect for it eitherFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!
    From the logs I've seen it's certainly not for the faint of heart. Total gibberish to me, but I've seen conversations on forums where a couple really smart people pick out bad values in minutes and talk about what might be causing what they see. Pretty interesting to follow.

The data logging has been suggested to me but I guess you gotta buy some program for the laptop and start driving, get the data and send it to the tuner for "fine tuning", this is, as I'm sure you know, is an "off the shelf" tuneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!
    That's why I wondered if there was someone in your area who might already have the equipment and software and would do it as a favor or for a small fee. I know for other cars with a history or tuning (JDM or German) it isn't hard to find someone on a forum able to decrypt the logs. Not sure if the Hyundai modding community has been around long enough to have developed that level of depth yet.

I do full appreciate not having the patience to go through all of that, and honestly I wouldn't either. In the same position, I'd take the car back to a "known good" state of hardware/software and leave it.

...then call it day, back to 295 hp and 269 lbs ft, what a step down
    That's still not too shabby for a car that size, but I do get what you're saying.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NDriverKG, a respected guy in our community, posted a video today and I threw out my issue and this well said comment came outFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

What does he mean by a "dyno tune"? Does he mean an ECU software tune?

Interesting there seems to be issues with a couple brands and their tunes. I can't help but wonder if this is all due to the newness of the Hyundai entering this market. Everyone tuning Subaru's, Honda's, Toyota's, BMW's and VAG engines and transmissions have had decades of experience at this point.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting there seems to be issues with a couple brands and their tunes. I can't help but wonder if this is all due to the newness of the Hyundai entering this market. Everyone tuning Subaru's, Honda's, Toyota's, BMW's and VAG engines and transmissions have had decades of experience at this point.
    Yeah...tuning it on the dyno so it's tailored to your actual car and its modsFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Yeah...tuning it on the dyno so it's tailored to your actual car and its modsFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

It can be a bit nerve wracking to watch as they run the car up, make a few adjustments to ECU tables, run it up again, tweak some more…lather, rinse, repeat. From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Obviously disclaimers/releases are signed before beginning.

It’s quite a relief when it’s over.

Optimal experience is dyno tune for WOT optimization coupled with a follow up ‘street’ tune for low/midrange.

Some dynos like a Mustang dyno can load the rollers up to simulate street driving so sort of best of both worlds without traveling to a deserted road in ‘Mexico’ for questionable behavior during a street tune session. Apparently.

If I recall correctly, dyno tune was around $500 back when we did it; took about 4hrs in all, 20 pulls or so.

Dyno Trimmed - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

$500 is less than I paid for my off tye shelf tuneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!🫣From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy Hectour and I will be working on the EN this weekend. He wants to work backwards, starting with swapping the tuned ECU for the stock one, taking it out for a run and see what's up. He thinks this tune is THEE issue here. If that works out, he'll swap the stock plugs back in and we'll call it a day...and I'm out $1300From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

$500 is less than I paid for my off tye shelf tuneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!🫣From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Well, it was back in 2005 so prices have likely gone up!

When I was messing around with Mustangs a few years later I did a few off-the-shelf mail order tunes; Brenspeed, Bama, Tillman…I think they were sub-$200 for a 3-pak via e-mail. Had to drop a few $ for the handheld SCT Tuner initially to load ‘em though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast