autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Yesterday I had the winters removed, O.E. tires installed on my KN rims and headed to my "secret test location" to do a 0-60 mph pull...well, after I got these SWEET carbon fiber tips installed (more on that later)

So it's sunny and about 51 degrees at the time of the pull, plus I had just driven back from getting the tips installed, so the car AND the tires were pretty warmed up. I set launch control @2500 rpm and LET...IT...RIPFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!️To my surprise the wheel hop was minimal, didn't upset the EN but it spun through 1st and into 2nd but as you can see the time is 5.09, my personal best and feel a 4.8 is in thereFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The onboard dyno showed 346 ps and 310 lbs ft of torque. Now previously, last weekend, I got 365 ps and 320 lbs ft if torque with the winter tires, granted it was about 10 degrees cooler and different size & type tiresFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Oh those tips, total indulgence, because Hyundai gave me some free money! They changed the looks greatly because it's a straight cut tip, not rolled and angle cut like the stock ones but encased in a glossy finished carbon fiber housing. Here's the thing though...changed the sound a bit and it's very cool, kind of "exotic", noticeable at take offFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Also added some poly urethane exhaust hanger bushings to stiffen things up a bit, replaced the ones for the mid-pipe, the axle-back ones don't seem to be available, maybe that changed the sound a bit tooFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Not sure what's coming next perf wise but stay "tuned"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Jewelry" for the ENFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

4. Likes SNP209, BudgetPlan1, DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad to hear you're happy with the results and everything seems to be working like it's supposed to.

The tips are a nice touch. From what I've been seeing/reading the larger double walled with slots or holes in them help lower the tone a bit. I noticed the exhaust I'm looking at for my car has a similar design which is credited for contributed to it's unique sound.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yesterday I had the winters removed, O.E. tires installed on my KN rims and headed to my "secret test location" to do a 0-60 mph pull...well, after I got these SWEET carbon fiber tips installed (more on that later)

So it's sunny and about 51 degrees at the time of the pull, plus I had just driven back from getting the tips installed, so the car AND the tires were pretty warmed up. I set launch control @2500 rpm and LET...IT...RIPFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!️To my surprise the wheel hop was minimal, didn't upset the EN but it spun through 1st and into 2nd but as you can see the time is 5.09, my personal best and feel a 4.8 is in thereFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The onboard dyno showed 346 ps and 310 lbs ft of torque. Now previously, last weekend, I got 365 ps and 320 lbs ft if torque with the winter tires, granted it was about 10 degrees cooler and different size & type tiresFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Oh those tips, total indulgence, because Hyundai gave me some free money! They changed the looks greatly because it's a straight cut tip, not rolled and angle cut like the stock ones but encased in a glossy finished carbon fiber housing. Here's the thing though...changed the sound a bit and it's very cool, kind of "exotic", noticeable at take offFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Also added some poly urethane exhaust hanger bushings to stiffen things up a bit, replaced the ones for the mid-pipe, the axle-back ones don't seem to be available, maybe that changed the sound a bit tooFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Not sure what's coming next perf wise but stay "tuned"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Pic from direct rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Nice when a plan comes together. Congrats.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Pic from direct rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for it being a little crooked, area behind my work isn't flat From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

11. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Warmer weather has brought more boost, hits 22 psi now. I'm also experiencing "surging" at 1/3-1/2 pedal throttle but when fully down it goes like stink! Apparently this is "a thing" with modern, boosted cars. My buddy did a Google search on this about partial throttle and it's across the boardFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Most people do what I'm planning on doing...drive around it From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not anything to do with stay "tuned" but a cool mod for my EN nonetheless. First off BIG THANKS to BIG DAVE for finding the link for me, 2 of them infact and this got here to me from the bottom of the planet FASTFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So what you guys are looking at is the rear foglight for a Hyundai i30N sedan, basically my car "down under"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I've included a close up of the connection as we couldn't come up with the part # for it, so we'll go to "plan B" which is to wire it directly as the gray plug unscrews showing 2 wires, a green and black oneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Any advice on making a light work without the proper pigtail harness? I'm thinking I'll use a simple toggle or rocker switch to turn it ON & OFFFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Once again, BIG THANKS to BIG DAVE and stay "tuned" for this one, it's a really big deal for me as I'm all about the little detailsFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

15. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe contact Diode Dynamics and Morimoto (the retrofit source and headlight revolution are under Morimotos bubble). They are lighting experts and have all sorts of fixes and ways to make things work in the lighting game.

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Maybe contact Diode Dynamics and Morimoto (the retrofit source and headlight revolution are under Morimotos bubble). They are lighting experts and have all sorts of fixes and ways to make things work in the lighting game.
    I will CERTAINLY look into this From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast