autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Glad it's running well.

Your example is why I never get too wrapped up in 0-60 numbers. From what you show, the difference in times between tuned and non tune is .16 of a second. Unless you're competitively drag racing at a drag strip somewhere, that difference is likely impossible to tell. However, I'm sure with all the extra boost and other changes to the engine tune, it is significantly better with the car in motion and weight over the wheels.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just delivered, hmmm, what could this beFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*** "BREAKING" NEWS ***

Hit a pothole on the way home from my buddy Marcins and cracked my windshield...vertically, on the passenger side, about 3-4" longFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Like I said though, I was on my way back from my buddy Marcins and what I was doing over there was swapping out the stock ECU for my new N75 Stage 1 tuned ECUFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The first N75 Stage 1 tuned ECU made, per the onboard dyno:

317 hp/can't remember the TQ # (sorry)
    -MSD coils
    -NGK plugs
    -N Performance intake
    Shark From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! Racing turbo inlet pipe

This new N75 Stage 1 tuned ECU has most of the same except:
    -OEM coils
    -Stillen mid-pipe

...and made today, on the way home, per the onboard dyno:
    336 hp/318 lbs ft of TQ From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Could the Stillen mid-pipe and/or the OEM coils make an extra 19 hp over the MSD coils & stock mid-pipeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Now I'm sure it's different when doing the 0-60 mph pull last weekend but I made 295 hp/269 lbs ft TQ there w/the stock ECU making 17 psi of boost (I don't know what my onboard dyno showed for boost "officially" on the grid) and today it maxed out @20 psi (only goes to 20, graph shows more) Based on today's numbers I'm making +41 hp and +49 lbs ft of TQ over the 0-60 mph pull....

Thoughts From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    *** "BREAKING" NEWS ***

Hit a pothole on the way home from my buddy Marcins and cracked my windshield...vertically, on the passenger side, about 3-4" longFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Like I said though, I was on my way back from my buddy Marcins and what I was doing over there was swapping out the stock ECU for my new N75 Stage 1 tuned ECUFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The first N75 Stage 1 tuned ECU made, per the onboard dyno:

317 hp/can't remember the TQ # (sorry)
    -MSD coils
    -NGK plugs
    -N Performance intake
    Shark From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! Racing turbo inlet pipe

This new N75 Stage 1 tuned ECU has most of the same except:
    -OEM coils
    -Stillen mid-pipe

...and made today, on the way home, per the onboard dyno:
    336 hp/318 lbs ft of TQ From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Could the Stillen mid-pipe and/or the OEM coils make an extra 19 hp over the MSD coils & stock mid-pipeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Now I'm sure it's different when doing the 0-60 mph pull last weekend but I made 295 hp/269 lbs ft TQ there w/the stock ECU making 17 psi of boost (I don't know what my onboard dyno showed for boost "officially" on the grid) and today it maxed out @20 psi (only goes to 20, graph shows more) Based on today's numbers I'm making +41 hp and +49 lbs ft of TQ over the 0-60 mph pull....

Thoughts From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I don’t know the spark between the two coil packs but I would assume the MsD is higher. Since they weren’t problem you gonna put back?

Definitely mid pipe. Turbo’s love Exhaust and intake. You gonna change exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I don’t know the spark between the two coil packs but I would assume the MsD is higher. Since they weren’t problem you gonna put back?

Definitely mid pipe. Turbo’s love Exhaust and intake. You gonna change exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's no "smoking gun" as to what was wrong that day on the dyno, that's the thing. I mean a month after the dyno I had the knock sensor go bad, again, was it "on it way out", i.e. weak and pulling powerFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!...they found corrosion on the ECU ground, was causing an issueFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!...were the MSD coils not up to the task due to not being as good as the OEM'sFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!....maybe the EN wasn't warmed up enough prior to the dynoFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! A couple variables in the mix here, heck, I've read that some HPFP (high pressure fuel pumps) don't like the cold and apparently our HPFP's are said to be a weak point on some cars and why people do an "OEM+" upgrade, whether it's the Sonata 2.0T with its larger inner barrel (9mm > 8mm) or the 2.5T from something like the Sonata N-line From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

As far as the exhaust goes, well, my buddy and I did an exhaust comparison video a couple weeks ago and everyone I talked to agreed, mine sounded better. My buddy Hectour made an even better point when he said my "cracks and pops" could be heard better through my set-up. I mean I like how Marcins exhaust sounds, been in it and even drove it AND it makes power, dyno proven power (17 whp and 39 lbs ft of tq) but my build is more "OEM+" or "Factory Aftermarket" as I coined it almost 25 yrs agoFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I'll post that video, stay "tuned"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stillen Mid-Pipe or Full Cat-back...you decide! Plus giveaway ? - YouTube

Hope you guys enjoy the video and btw, some "jewelry" is on it's way from S. Korea From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! for the EN, quite an indulgence for me but Hyundai handed me "free money", so I splurged on something for the EN...stay "tuned" for thatFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

11. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I put my Sony headphones on to listen to the video, I like yours better Roger, Marcin's is a bit TOO much for me. I also have to say I'm not a fan of the pops and crackles, I've never liked hearing cars driving around doing that, and now having heard it from the inside, I still don't like it. But we all like what we like I guess.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I put my Sony headphones on to listen to the video, I like yours better Roger, Marcin's is a bit TOO much for me. I also have to say I'm not a fan of the pops and crackles, I've never liked hearing cars driving around doing that, and now having heard it from the inside, I still don't like it. But we all like what we like I guess.

Yeah the "cracks and pops" aren't for everyone, no doubt and on the N cars it's from the factory like that, the mid-pipe "amps it up" a bit. I've heard other cars where it's put in via aftermarket tune and it goes on a bit long, "Jiffy Pop" I call itFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! My old Fiat 500 Abarth would do single, loud pops from time to time, ALL THE TIME when I was down on The From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! Dragon! One time I saw a group coming and let off of the gas (in my Abarth) and it did it REAL loud, later that group pulled in a guy said "That Abarth scared the sh!t out of me!" and I said "oh that was me, I was saying HI"

We've got another video coming where I talk all about the 2nd knock sensor and all twists and turns from that, I may have forgotten a point or two even, video is like 30 minutes long but the story has to be told, "Fair and Balanced"...oh wait, is that From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!🫣

15. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw a video short recently from Car & Driver revealing the new Elantra N, I put a comment in wondering if they've fixed the Knock Sensor issue. I couldn't help myself.

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I checked the boost level while on the freeway, 20 psi, accomplished that, next was a 0-60 mph pullFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Since the Michelin X-Ice's are finishing their 2023-24 season I gave them one last test, I mean you can't ask for much out of them, I mean their winter tiresFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! Not only that but their also 225mm wide compared to the OEM size which is 245mm wide, plus the winter tires are a 40 aspect ratio compared to 35 for the OEM size but last year I was running the Kona N tires & wheels (235/40/19)From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So...with launch control set @2500 rpm I let it rip ========

...the result was 5.43 seconds to 60 mph, spinning the tires VERY hard, traction control light flashing awayFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The previous best was 5.49 w/ the stock ECU octane learned to 17 psi and using NGSFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Now for the numbers on 0-60 mph pulls:

Previously it made 295 hp/269 tq, today it made 360 hp/320 tq...+65 HP and +51 TQ From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

This is the N75 Stage 1 ECU tune, higher timing and low boost according to the owner here but to me, 20 psi isn't low but I guess compared to Stage 2, which is probably 24 psi or more, I guess it isFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

My first Stage 1 produced a best of 317 hp but now the stock coils are back in AND I've got that Stillen mid-pipe...GAINSFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

19. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast