autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Very cool!!!! Like hearing/seeing your mods! Keep up posted!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The mid-pipe from Stillen is being installed...RIGHT NOW, stay "tuned"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So the install went great, no issues as it's a straight forward process. I asked my buddy Marcin to meet me up there with his wife's Sorento so we could put the stock mid-pipe in the back and follow us home. To return the favor we took his wife's SUV to my touch-free wash to get it cleaned upFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

As far as the mid-pipe goes I couldn't be happier! My daughter Kendall LOVES how it sounds tooFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!️When in N mode the "cracks and pops" are amped up...and then some but not stupid. It seems a touch louder in NORMAL mode but just a tad and nothing crazy, looking forward to taking it on the freeway but I don't expect any droning sound.

This mid-pipe is a full 3" T304 and while it doesn't add perf I swear I feel a little more "pull". I do know this though, on the dyno, this mid-pipe, combined with their axle-back, made 17 whp and 39 wtq (277 to 294-HP...283 to 312 TQ) Since I've already got the mid-pipe I would only need their axle-back and it's under $1K with my discount and had CF tips and the previously mentioned gain in hp/tq.

Now IMO $1500 for 17 whp & 39 wtq is worth it, plus it still sounds like an N, just taken to 11. When will this be added...stay "tuned"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

5. Likes BudgetPlan1, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A little "bump" in the road...I hope From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So some of you probably remember the issue I had last July with the knock sensor, took 3 trips to get them to replace the knock sensor, that was then...fast forward to this past Tuesday, Jan 30thFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I worked a long day that day and when I got off of work I washed the EN like I've been doing since the repair last July. This time the CEL took 3 miles to come on after the wash, not 300 feet like beforeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Once home I checked the code (1326) and cleared it, test drove the EN and it was fine...for the next 47 miles and 4 days. Today it came back on, WITHOUT using the carwash. The performance was fine these past couple days, just came out of nowhere...or did itFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

We dropped it off today and got it all checked in, also told them about the horn, its out again for the 2nd time since last winter. Funny thing is my buddy's EN is there with the same issue, his first 1326 codeFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

They'll look at this Monday but the regular master mechanic just went on vacation, so hopefully the next man up figures it out. The knock sensors main job is to hear vibrations inside the engine, I just hope it passes the BCT (bearing clearance test). I don't beat on my car and actually change the oil early, like today for instanceFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The oil was 5 monthes old and about 2500 miles, so I had it changed out, Mobil 1 0w30 and Wix filterFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So hopefully I hear something sooner than later, I'm pretty bummed out to be honest and feel like giving up and getting a "missionary position" car and joining the non-car guy world 🫣

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t do that…. You’d die a little inside everyday…. But I get the frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t do that…. You’d die a little inside everyday…. But I get the frustration.

I appreciate what your saying here and there's NO DOUBT I would! The thing is when your driving a car that's "fixed" and everytime you leave a carwash and it's in your head, THAT is a problem! The one yesterday though, no carwash and it came on. I'm afraid of what happens the 3rd time...From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I love this car, look back at everytime I walk away, can't wait to get in it everyday and just how it makes me feelFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

10. Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck, dislike hearing the issues.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks when you lose confidence in the reliability of your car, especially one that's special to you. My pet hate is smelling coolant after you've been driving. I've had a couple of vehicles that leaked over the years, but the Crewman Cross 8 was the one that almost got me. I was a day or two into a 2 week driving holiday when I started to smell leaking coolant, but everyday I checked and the level was fine, but I could definitely smell it. It wasn't till a week after I got back that it actually started dripping and had to be topped up. I did over 6500km on that trip and the coolant smell was there the whole time. I never did find out where it was leaking from, sold it a month or two after I got back, with some of that radiator fix it stuff poured in it. I bought something nice, but boring, and saved up till I could get myself into an FJ, the one that makes me smile every time I drive it, and turn around to "check it out" as I walk away.

Hang in there Roger, you'll get it figured out.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank Dave, wish I could afford an Acura Integra typeSFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, I've been seeing stories pop up about the new Integra, if it does make it over here it will be badged as a Honda, the Acura brand never made it here.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast