autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Yep, low mileage 6 speeds sell for a premium.

2. Likes JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    That’s fine, I still like my shitty trans car. When I could finally buy one of these, I decided on lower mileage cars with an auto vs extremely clapped out t56 cars that were in my budget.

If budget weren’t a concern I’d have looked at low mileage 6 speed ws6 cars, firehawks, or a SOM SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Growing up, guy down the street from me had a silver WS6 that he put exhaust on. He did not obey the speed limit, but I knew when he was coming home or leaving. Wanted one then, still want one now. They fetch a premium in good shape though.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, JDGolden, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep seeing a black Elantra N around here. Never at full steam, but cool car. Definitely a 6 speed. But yours looks better with that color/badge modification/wheels.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I keep seeing a black Elantra N around here. Never at full steam, but cool car. Definitely a 6 speed. But yours looks better with that color/badge modification/wheels.

I'm glad it's a 6 spdFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just found out those N Performance CF tips aren't available separately, it's apart of the N Performance axle-back and it's $1500...for an axle-back and I don't think that includes shipping🫣 Now you and I both know an axle-back isn't going to make power alone, especially since this N has a great, tuned exhaust already, even if the N Performance axle-back was 3" piping, which it isn't.

Damn I wanted those tipsFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

So while on the way home from watching my buddy install his new Stillen cat-back exhaust on HIS EN I got to do a slow roll acceleration, spun the tires but didn't hop too bad, so now I've gotta try launch control to see what's whatFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Anywho, my car has what I guess you'd call an "on-board dyno". Once you put your foot in it you can check everything from power, torque, boost, throttle, speed, oil temp, engine temp and these are graphs over time. So what saw were the following, kinda weird:

-Power...322 PS
    -Boost...22 psi
    -Torque...289 (###From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!)

Not sure what to make of the Torque reading, did the tires spinning confuse itFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

Little update today, finally used launch control and recorded the 0-60 times with the Stage 1 mods.

So we got to a very safe spot to do this and when I say we it was my daughter and I, she calls it "Speed Boost". Temps were 79 degrees and set the launch control for 2800 RPMS and let it rip! It spun all the way through 1st and wheel hopped into 2nd, not too violent so I'm happy with the Powerflex bushes! I tried at 3000 RPM and FORGET ABOUT IT, LOLFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So the results were the following, 5.8 to 5.5 but spinning hard, so yeah the narrower KN tires aren't cutting it, not to mention the 5% additional aspect ratio. I'm not too concerned but I'd like to get it under 5 seconds, many cars have done it already, my buddy Marsins EN did a 4.76 but that was at the drag strip...but stock except for the Powerflex trio of bushes.

I'll say this too, once the hop stopped into the next gear I could feel the pull through the steering wheel, car is pulling HARD From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

***EDIT***

My previous best was 5.8 stock, now it's 5.5 0-60 mph

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am late to the party here. Congrats Roger!! Game changing mods for sure!! Enjoy brother.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    I am late to the party here. Congrats Roger!! Game changing mods for sure!! Enjoy brother.
    Thank you and as always...stay "tuned" as a dyno day is comingFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

15. Likes hoyt66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Little update today, finally used launch control and recorded the 0-60 times with the Stage 1 mods.

So we got to a very safe spot to do this and when I say we it was my daughter and I, she calls it "Speed Boost". Temps were 79 degrees and set the launch control for 2800 RPMS and let it rip! It spun all the way through 1st and wheel hopped into 2nd, not too violent so I'm happy with the Powerflex bushes! I tried at 3000 RPM and FORGET ABOUT IT, LOLFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So the results were the following, 5.8 to 5.5 but spinning hard, so yeah the narrower KN tires aren't cutting it, not to mention the 5% additional aspect ratio. I'm not too concerned but I'd like to get it under 5 seconds, many cars have done it already, my buddy Marsins EN did a 4.76 but that was at the drag strip...but stock except for the Powerflex trio of bushes.

I'll say this too, once the hop stopped into the next gear I could feel the pull through the steering wheel, car is pulling HARD From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

***EDIT***

My previous best was 5.8 stock, now it's 5.5 0-60 mph
    Hindsight's 20/20, but it woulda been nice to have done some timed 30-80 pulls before and after tuning as it's a real world stat you probably do quite frequently. (Actually, I've driven in Chicago, 30-95 would probably be more like it. ).

Saying that out loud, when the time comes for software for my new shooter I'll have to make sure to do that to have more than just a butt-dyno comparison!

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast