autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm certainly not comparing my EN to your Caymen but isn't it funny that our cars have a rep for handling but they also kick a$$ at the drag strip From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    It's actually kinda funny to think that high 13's was considered 'fast' in the heyday of straight line, brute force 'muscle cars' back in the loud & rowdy late 60's/early 70's and now that's kinda 'meh' among somewhat performance oriented cars, even in some rather mundane sedans. 20 years ago our new, stock C5 Corvette was 13.4 @ 105 and only got down to 12.8 @ 112 after throwing about $5k of LT headers, CAI, & a dyno tune at it and just 9 years later the new 2013 Mustang GT ran 12.8 @ 110 totally stock without much fanfare or wheel hop.

It looks like your EN is around 13.4 @ 106 from the test I read...that's pretty quick in any era (and apparently faster than a new Civic Type R although maybe the new Type R's ugliness slows it down :lol: )

We were fortunate to have a relatively small dragstrip within 30 minutes of us up in Cleveland; Wednesday 'grudge night' was $20 to race or watch and during the 2hrs of time trials, you could get in 4-5 runs without much waiting. Was a nice, low-key place where we'd bring both fun cars & I'd get to race my wife/ Corvette vs Mustang...fun times. A few times we were able to get a group together and rent out Norwalk (Now Summit Raceway Park) for 8hrs and you could run as many times as you liked; roll through the traps, hustle down the return road and right back up to the tree.

Down here in central OH all we have is National Trails which is packed all of the time...no patience for that.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted; looking forward to hearing how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It's actually kinda funny to think that high 13's was considered 'fast' in the heyday of straight line, brute force 'muscle cars' back in the loud & rowdy late 60's/early 70's and now that's kinda 'meh' among somewhat performance oriented cars, even in some rather mundane sedans. 20 years ago our new, stock C5 Corvette was 13.4 @ 105 and only got down to 12.8 @ 112 after throwing about $5k of LT headers, CAI, & a dyno tune at it and just 9 years later the new 2013 Mustang GT ran 12.8 @ 110 totally stock without much fanfare or wheel hop.

It looks like your EN is around 13.4 @ 106 from the test I read...that's pretty quick in any era (and apparently faster than a new Civic Type R although maybe the new Type R's ugliness slows it down :lol: )

We were fortunate to have a relatively small dragstrip within 30 minutes of us up in Cleveland; Wednesday 'grudge night' was $20 to race or watch and during the 2hrs of time trials, you could get in 4-5 runs without much waiting. Was a nice, low-key place where we'd bring both fun cars & I'd get to race my wife/ Corvette vs Mustang...fun times. A few times we were able to get a group together and rent out Norwalk (Now Summit Raceway Park) for 8hrs and you could run as many times as you liked; roll through the traps, hustle down the return road and right back up to the tree.

Down here in central OH all we have is National Trails which is packed all of the time...no patience for that.

Maybe 45+ minutes away from you is Kil-Kare in Xenia. The fun doesn't have to end......lol

3. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like your EN is around 13.4 @ 106 from the test I read...that's pretty quick in any era (and apparently faster than a new Civic Type R although maybe the new Type R's ugliness slows it down From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! )

Wait...you mean the LAST Type-R is ugly, not the new, New one, rightFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait...you mean the LAST Type-R is ugly, not the new, New one, rightFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Nah…the last one was at least a bit edgy…

New one looks like a regular ‘ol Civic with an AutoZone wing bolted on the back…

Guess it’s all pretty subjective…just like “What’s the BEST (insert detailing product)” From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Then again, I think most McLaren’s look alike…in a rather boring kinda way :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah…the last one was at least a bit edgy…

New one looks like a regular ‘ol Civic with an AutoZone wing bolted on the back…

Guess it’s all pretty subjective…just like “What’s the BEST (insert detailing product)” From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Then again, I think most McLaren’s look alike…in a rather boring kinda way :shrug:

It is all subjective, no doubtFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

With that said the previous gen looks like a Transformer and yes, the current Type-R is more "restrained" but now looks like an adult designed it, plus it's much wider than a regular Civic on the road.

That leads me to the GR4 Corolla, it's comedic looking but in a GOOD way, I love that! I mean I'm 53 yrs old and I'd drive that in a heartbeat, love em'! Savagegeese did a review of all the current cars in this segment a little bit ago and was disappointed in the GR4 Corolla, others have been too, saying it's not "edgy" enough and doesn't let you get too crazy, surely there's something to thisFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

That leads me to my last comment, if I could afford it, I'd LOVE to have an Integra TypeS, no doubt about it. It address' the blandness, if you will, of the CTR by giving it deep front grills, wide fenders, no wing and great looking wheel options, plus colored interiors, nicer materials and features. I'd have mine in blue w/ offwhite leather and those optional gold rims thank youFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!...oh yeah, it's underrated in the hp/tq departmentFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

That leads me to my last comment, if I could afford it, I'd LOVE to have an Integra TypeS, no doubt about it. It address' the blandness, if you will, of the CTR by giving it deep front grills, wide fenders, no wing and great looking wheel options, plus colored interiors, nicer materials and features. I'd have mine in blue w/ offwhite leather and those optional gold rims thank youFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!...oh yeah, it's underrated in the hp/tq departmentFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Was kinda bummed when the new Integra didn’t come out as a coupe but I’d *definitely* enjoy what they did release…would be an excellent ride! I need a white car in my life, never had one and they look sooo classy.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was kinda bummed when the new Integra didn’t come out as a coupe but I’d *definitely* enjoy what they did release…would be an excellent ride! I need a white car in my life, never had one and they look sooo classy.

White w/red leather would be my 2nd choice and maybe sitting in one with red leather would sway me, LOVE red leather interiorFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

13. Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

White w/red leather would be my 2nd choice and maybe sitting in one with red leather would sway me, LOVE red leather interiorFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Too many great (and somewhat affordable) cars available today, too little $$ and space. Although if I had the $$, I’ll bet I could work out the space problem From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of hard to judge 1970 hp and performance to today. They had good quality gas back then. We got watered down swill now. I did see where Graveyard Carz dyno'd a 1970 Dodge Daytona vs a Hellcat. The Daytona put down like 205 hp to the wheels while the Hellcat put down something like 650 hp. Give that 440 some quality leaded gas and I'm sure it would run better. The other thing is that Polyglass tires suck compared to modern radials. Slap drag radials on almost any car and you drop half a second in the quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    It's kind of hard to judge 1970 hp and performance to today. They had good quality gas back then. We got watered down swill now. I did see where Graveyard Carz dyno'd a 1970 Dodge Daytona vs a Hellcat. The Daytona put down like 205 hp to the wheels while the Hellcat put down something like 650 hp. Give that 440 some quality leaded gas and I'm sure it would run better. The other thing is that Polyglass tires suck compared to modern radials. Slap drag radials on almost any car and you drop half a second in the quarter.
    Fuel is much better these days especially for performance vehicle's. They didn't have E85 back then and 93 octane is plentiful.

The biggest difference is the advancements in boost and E85. It's a lot easier to make big power these days.

Give that 440 a super charger, bump in compression and e85 and it would run better.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast