autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Vague response, they should understand how our brains function and how we worry over things....being the "detailers" we are. All about the deets.... I think the right response would've been "when can you bring it in". I plan on contacting mine just so they can experience my TCU issue...I can easily replicate it so not too worried about them going "drove fine for us."

Keep is posted! I'd push the matter though.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Well that would be great except for 2 things, one they don't work on cars and two they're in Toronto From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The last email he sent me was that it sounds mechanical but ofcoarse didn't even venture a guess, classic CYA and I get it. I'll have the stock coils swapped back on at some point but before this my buddy Marcin and I will head back down to "Mexico" and try the road dynoFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! The last time we did this I didn't notice anything breaking up or missing but when we do this, I'll be sure to be in manual mode like he was as I wasn't and he was and he stayed a car infront of me and we went well into 4th gear, same as the dyno replicatedFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I'm also wondering about the fuel pump at this point, although Stage 1 I do have the much larger TIP and bigger, better flowing intake to go with itFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Thoughts???

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Last email from them and a little something I found on the web, for what that's worthFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

Swapping coil packs is a great idea simple and eliminates them as a possibility if issue remains. With a stage 1 I would imagine that your stock fuel system was plenty adequate...in the VW world they don't recommend upgrading the lift or HPFP until big turbo stage 3 stuff. I personally don't think it would be fuel related. If rumors of issues with the coils are our there let's just hope it fruit hanging that low.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Swapping coil packs is a great idea simple and eliminates them as a possibility if issue remains. With a stage 1 I would imagine that your stock fuel system was plenty adequate...in the VW world they don't recommend upgrading the lift or HPFP until big turbo stage 3 stuff. I personally don't think it would be fuel related. If rumors of issues with the coils are our there let's just hope it fruit hanging that low.

I'm going to do just that but I think it's going to suck if a brand new set of coils are bad after 3 monthes of use, I mean maybe it's just one but still From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

6. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm going to do just that but I think it's going to suck if a brand new set of coils are bad after 3 monthes of use, I mean maybe it's just one but still From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

I would agree, that would be disappointing but better than something more expensive or invasive From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean honestly 150whp in a car that size is still spunky, unslow rather lol. Just not a ground pounder per say lol.

I hope to see 375whp once FBO. I would be thrilled with that.

“FBO”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    “FBO”?

Full Bolt Ons

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Yeah I thought about MSD coils on the Camaro but they don’t rate well on th Camaro6 forum. Decided against it. If you can return them Granatelli’s came highly recommended. Don’t no if the make for Hyundai though

Was your tune mapped with more spark (MSD coils)?

Also about the exhaust….. best upgrade you can do is get more are in (filter) and out (exhaust,manifolds)

1st thing I woulda did woulda been those two. If not doing a programmable piggy back ECU I would wait on a tune till you get all the bolt ons you want…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah I thought about MSD coils on the Camaro but they don’t rate well on th Camaro6 forum. Decided against it. If you can return them Granatelli’s came highly recommended. Don’t no if the make for Hyundai though

Was your tune mapped with more spark (MSD coils)?

Also about the exhaust….. best upgrade you can do is get more are in (filter) and out (exhaust,manifolds)

1st thing I woulda did woulda been those two. If not doing a programmable piggy back ECU I would wait on a tune till you get all the bolt ons you want…

I currently have the ECU tune from N75 in Canada, their Stage 1 which is good for about 295/310, basically a step over stock, "OEM+". I've also got a much larger turbo inlet pipe and better flowing intake from N Performance as well. The tune calls for next step colder plug and I have that as well, from NGK and I "thought" while I'm there to "upgrade" the coils while we were there, looks like my old muscle car memories let me down because MSD was a no-brainer back in the day as far as ignition products...times change apparentlyFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

As far as the exhaust goes while I agree with you this is an area where the N engineers NAILED IT! The piping is 2.5/2.75 throught but I'll be adding a 3" mid-pipe that eliminates the resonator which is my primary reason for doing it, just being honestFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The OEM coils will be swapped back soon but another trip to the dyno may have to wait till spring...stay "tuned"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So while out getting gas this morning I noticed something...my tach. Like M cars the N has the tach that goes from orange to red to show when it's warmed up. Mine was still in the orange a couple miles from home, temps about 5 degrees warmer today than Friday but rainy/moist out.

My car sat for 3+ hrs before I went in to dyno and I didn't even warm the car up too long before I got started. I'm thinking the car was breaking up on the dyno due to the warm up protection built into the tune, does this make sense or am I on "hopium"From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast