autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New sofa recliner time.

Well, after 17 years the current one finally gave up one side of the recliner mechanism. And just looking old. No shame. Provided many a fine nap and hours of comfortable TV viewing. Picked one out yesterday at the local BOSCOVS Dept. store. CLAIR is the make. Delivery is free. And $60 to remove the old one. Found out many stores in the area do not offer removal of the old one! That was a dealbreaker. So good to go for delivery on Sept. 1st. Saturday.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes oneheadlite, PaulMys, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New sofa recliner time.

Just in time for football season. Good call.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. With as fast as summer is going by, inside time is sadly around the corner.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Well, after 17 years the current one finally gave up one side of the recliner mechanism. And just looking old. No shame. Provided many a fine nap and hours of comfortable TV viewing. Picked one out yesterday at the local BOSCOVS Dept. store. CLAIR is the make. Delivery is free. And $60 to remove the old one. Found out many stores in the area do not offer removal of the old one! That was a dealbreaker. So good to go for delivery on Sept. 1st. Saturday.
    Big time.

What in the hell are you supposed to do with and old couch, mattress, fridge, or stove when you buy a new one?

I called around for a plumber after my original water heater $hit the bed about 2 years after we bought our house. I got in touch with one guy who was recommended to me. Friend of mine said he did great work, and was just starting out.

He gave me a very fair price so I was just about to close the deal with him before I asked: "You're going to haul away the old one too, right?"

He told me "No. I don't do that.". I politely declined the job after telling him that he was going to lose a LOT of business that way.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I've become very good at dismantling whatever they won't remove, recliners, sofas, washing machines, all sorts of things. When we moved house a few years ago, we decided to go with new furniture in the main rooms, but there was a delay in delivery, so we took a couple of old sofas with us, when the new ones were delivered, I broke up the biggest and put it in the bin over a few weeks, the other I moved into a corner of the garage, I share it with my dogs now. The old recliners I gave to charity before we moved, the good ones anyway, one was dismantled and thrown into the skip bin off the balcony, always fun.

For our main room we chose a nice big 3 seater/2 seater leather combo. In the media room, where the big TV is, and me, we got a big 3 seater with electric recliners at either end, with built in multicoloured LED lighting and USB charging ports. I don't think I could go back to a regular recliner now.

You do realise that you've got 2 or 3 months of wearing in ahead of you, dialling it into your butt shape. I remember a sign at a recliner shop years ago that basically said, when your new recliner is delivered, it won't feel as comfortable as these, you'll need to sit in it as much as possible to soften the foam, no returns will be accepted because it's not as comfortable as the display units. It's true though, it takes a few months to soften them up.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I've become very good at dismantling whatever they won't remove..... and put in the bin......
    Yeah, but we don't have Kangaroos and Aborigines to carry the pieces away, Dave.

You lucky ba$tards...............

11. Likes Big Dave, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, but we don't have Kangaroos and Aborigines to carry the pieces away, Dave.

You lucky ba$tards...............
    You can always put something in the front yard with a "free" sign on it, and if that doesn't work, just do the Simpsons trick and put a chain and padlock on it, then it will go for sure.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrived today at 12:30. Removal and set up went butter smooth. Yea!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

15. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Big time.

What in the hell are you supposed to do with and old couch, mattress, fridge, or stove when you buy a new one?

I called around for a plumber after my original water heater $hit the bed about 2 years after we bought our house. I got in touch with one guy who was recommended to me. Friend of mine said he did great work, and was just starting out.

He gave me a very fair price so I was just about to close the deal with him before I asked: "You're going to haul away the old one too, right?"

He told me "No. I don't do that.". I politely declined the job after telling him that he was going to lose a LOT of business that way.
    The company that picks up your regular house garbage won't pick it up? All I have to do is call them up and schedule a bulk pick up and they'll come and get it. We get 1 free bulk pick up a year. I had them get a mattress and box spring a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    The company that picks up your regular house garbage won't pick it up? All I have to do is call them up and schedule a bulk pick up and they'll come and get it. We get 1 free bulk pick up a year. I had them get a mattress and box spring a while back.
    Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast