autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cub Cadet SC900

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cub Cadet SC900

Price of the BAD BOY was a issue. You might as well get into a rider at that price point! Sure, is a beast of a mower no doubt. After all the research, features and price I went with the CUB CADET. It will be here tomorrow morning. SC900. 23" CUT. 30-day refund or exchange if you end up not liking the unit. I am sure my Craftsman is going to apricate a break! Guessing I will still hold on to it as a backup. Getting a little late in the year, but it was time. I would hate to start a cut and have the Craftsman die.

Cub Cadet Walk-Behind Mower SC 900 Review - Pro Tool Reviews

Cub Cadet SC900-oip-6-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Price of the BAD BOY was a issue. You might as well get into a rider at that price point! Sure, is a beast of a mower no doubt. After all the research, features and price I went with the CUB CADET. It will be here tomorrow morning. SC900. 23" CUT. 30-day refund or exchange if you end up not liking the unit. I am sure my Craftsman is going to apricate a break! Guessing I will still hold on to it as a backup. Getting a little late in the year, but it was time. I would hate to start a cut and have the Craftsman die.

Cub Cadet Walk-Behind Mower SC 900 Review - Pro Tool Reviews

Cub Cadet SC900-oip-6-jpg
    Happy new mower day, second only to happy new car day!

I do have a problem with buying mowers, in my defense, they take up less room than cars!

You will love that Briggs 875 engine! I've had a few of those 850-series engines over the years, they are brilliant workhorses. Most have been the 850, but I had an 875 on a John Deere JS48 (terrible mower, actually terrible is being kind to it, let's say it was abysmal), but the engine was an animal. I suspect they pump more fuel through them to go from 850 to 875, mine would occasionally dump fuel into the hot muffler for a nice little CRACK!

But the big question is, will you be doing a pre-use detail....................................

4. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'm sure the mower is indistructable, but I would have a hard time spending $1500 to $1800 for a push mower with only a 25" cut and a single blade. You can get a Toro Timemaster with a 30" cut and dual blades for that price.
    That can depend on the area you are using the mower for. I've bought a number of commercial grade walk-behind mowers because of accessibility at the clients place doesn't permit the use of rider. Carting and then storing the machine at the end of the day is also another consideration.

I've looked at the Timemaster from Toro a few times but have been hesitant owing to the dual blade setup. Someone local to me ran one and got rid of it in sort order due to issues with the timed dual blades. It would also have a limited use case scenario owing to how wide it is, getting through gates or dealing with narrow areas.

So, horses for courses. That's why I have 10 walk-behind lawn mowers.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have noticed with US mowers is that they rarely have alloy bases. While most low to mid-range push mowers have pressed steel bases, mid to high end units are cast alloy. That included commercial grade mowers from Honda. An alloy base offers a more durable service lift, especially around axle and handlebar mountings, which typically crack or rust on a steel deck. An alloy base will often outlive the engine.

I bought this mower just over 3 years ago, a commercial Bushranger with the Honda GXV160 and a 21-inch alloy deck. The axles are bolted to the chassis, the wheels are even cast alloy. It's go a 3-speed gearbox with shaft rather than belt drive for durability. To say the thing is built like a tank would be an understatement, I'm pretty rough on it too but it just keeps asking for more.

Can you tell I like lawnmowers?

8. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She is home. Delivered yesterday before work. First impressions are over built and amazing quality. Guess it will be in the first cut. First order of business today was to prune one tree i have in the yard. It was getting to hard to mow around. Done. And being a detailer at heart I did some ceramic spray on the exterior. And will hit the underside of the deck with a Ceramic spray coating. Figure it can't hurt.

OK First cut. Very impressive machine. Love the my speed control. Moves as fast as you want it to. Mulches great. Engine power is good. Rear wheel drive is so much better than front wheel drive! Large gas tank. Cuts a bigger area. And I noticed I was not as tired after the cut. All in all, I could not find any fault with this mower. Thinking I made a good choice.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes oneheadlite, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A supplement came with the mower stating that by calling you can get a free rear side discharge chute. It's on its way. Great customer service being this was my first call.

2ND cut Friday. Grass was a little damp for last night's rain. Mower powered thru it all and even mulched very well. Starting to love this mower. Can't fault it for anything.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.