autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cub Cadet SC900

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cub Cadet SC900

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    The SC900 does have the 190cc Briggs & Stratton.
    Ah sorry, I was looking at the wider range of models and noted the engine options.

I just wish you guys had access to Victa lawn mowers in the US, any and all of those would blow the Honda's and Toro's ect out of the water for cut quality, be that bagging or mulching.

All too often I'm the one complaining about certain products not being available in Australia, but this is one instance where the situation is reversed.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Toro Timemaster 30" wide. My 21" Honda collects dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I love my Toro Timemaster 30" wide. My 21" Honda collects dust.
    Yea. That is a beast. 2 blades etc. Puts me in mind of the 25" BAD BOY I looked at. Also, a beast.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

+2 for a Honda.

A good friend of mine has raved about Honda mowers for decades, and when our most recent Toro died, we made the leap. Holy cow, everything he said was true. It cuts better, the engine runs way smoother than the Briggs motor on the Toro, and the engine has way more power despite being rougly the same size. When my yard gets healthy the old Toro would struggle to get through the grass and would often leave clumps. The Honda just plows through without lugging down and not a clump in sight.

I had my sights on a double bladed residential Cub Cadet mower a couple years ago, but sadly by the time my bonus arrived and I could afford it, they quit making them suddenly and ever dealer in town sold out almost instantly.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    +2 for a Honda.

A good friend of mine has raved about Honda mowers for decades, and when our most recent Toro died, we made the leap. Holy cow, everything he said was true. It cuts better, the engine runs way smoother than the Briggs motor on the Toro, and the engine has way more power despite being rougly the same size. When my yard gets healthy the old Toro would struggle to get through the grass and would often leave clumps. The Honda just plows through without lugging down and not a clump in sight.

I had my sights on a double bladed residential Cub Cadet mower a couple years ago, but sadly by the time my bonus arrived and I could afford it, they quit making them suddenly and ever dealer in town sold out almost instantly.
    Funny how Honda can make such great small engines, but their outboard (boat) engines are such complete garbage. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

It is quite a step up in price, but I had an old Craftsman model of the CC800. That thing was a beast. I had it for about 9 trouble free years and the mount for the transmission rusted out. I sold it to my neighbor for $200 who has a friend who can weld and he fixed it and uses it.
    Another neighbor convinced me to buy a new Worldlawn 32. Belt Driven Walk Behind|Worldlawn. It is OK, but I think I like the Cub Cadet (Craftsman) better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waddell64 View Post
    It is quite a step up in price, but I had an old Craftsman model of the CC800. That thing was a beast. I had it for about 9 trouble free years and the mount for the transmission rusted out. I sold it to my neighbor for $200 who has a friend who can weld and he fixed it and uses it.
    Another neighbor convinced me to buy a new Worldlawn 32. Belt Driven Walk Behind|Worldlawn. It is OK, but I think I like the Cub Cadet (Craftsman) better.
    It all depends on what you are using a push (or walk behind) mower for, as well.

If it is your only mower, then by all means buy the best you can afford.

If you are like me and have graduated to a riding mower, and only use the push one for trim work, then I'm looking more at affordability vs. features/performance.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

If it came down to a choice, it would be the cub cadet or Bad boy. After all the videos and research, they are both highly rated. The Bad boy comes in at $1799 delivered. Cub cadet about $650. Meanwhile the old craftsman is still cutting away.

Commercial Self Propelled Push Lawn Mower - Bad Boy Mowers
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    If it came down to a choice, it would be the cub cadet or Bad boy. After all the videos and research, they are both highly rated. The Bad boy comes in at $1799 delivered. Cub cadet about $650. Meanwhile the old craftsman is still cutting away.

Commercial Self Propelled Push Lawn Mower - Bad Boy Mowers
    That Bad Boy looks like a nice unit, was watching this video on it the other day -

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the mower is indistructable, but I would have a hard time spending $1500 to $1800 for a push mower with only a 25" cut and a single blade. You can get a Toro Timemaster with a 30" cut and dual blades for that price.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.