autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuning advice...especially those with experience!

As a gearhead you always want "a little more" and I'm at that point right now, here's what helped me with the "push" or pole with a pitchfork by the devil.

As many of you know I make a yearly trip to The Tail of the Dragon every year, this year would be #20 in a row. Two things have me changing my mind this year. The first is noone else can make it out this year. While I've always wanted to do it alone one time because I'd be on my own schedule, I'm not sure. The other reason is because my buddy who lives down there isn't going to be available tye weekend I'd be coming down as he's bettering himself at work, no problem there obviously.

The money I have put aside for the trip could go towards something that would TRANSFORM the EN into an absolute beast, there's something about having that "hammer" if/when the time arisesTuning advice...especially those with experience!

So here's the options:

Stage 1...295 whp/310 wtq w/o any other mods

Stage 2...320 whp/330 wtq and needs upgraded HPFP (fuel pump), better coils and intake.

Now I've already got an intake and turbo inlet pipe awaiting installation and according to the tuner I'm speaking to the Stage 1 w/ my intake & TIP should net me 300 whp/330 wtq, roughly. The TIP has a dyno proven gain on a stock EN of 7-10 whp gain.

Now the Stage 2 tune w/my supporting mods could put my EN around 330 whp/350 wtq, very tempting!

I'm not going to be out here beating the hell out of the car on a daily basis and apparently the trans can handle it and there a revision in the ECU tune that helps things along there. Speaking of the ECU tune every facet of it is adjusted and safety parameters are maintained.

Let talk about this guys...thoughtsTuning advice...especially those with experience!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuning advice...especially those with experience!

I’d upgrade the tires instead.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe go Stage 1, see how you like it, and it wouldn't be on kill...save some of the money from the Stage 2 upgrade and do a smaller road trip by yourself!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    I’d upgrade the tires instead.
    Well right now I've got the tires that came on the Kona N, Pirelli P-Zero's and they're 10mm more narrow and 5% more aspect ratio (235/40/19 vs. 245/35/19) but my OEM's are Michelin Pilot Sport 4s w/6750 miles on them.

I expect to run out the Pirelli's till the end of next season and have the 4s' installed before Dragon 2024Tuning advice...especially those with experience!

8. Likes Prange, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Maybe go Stage 1, see how you like it, and it wouldn't be on kill...save some of the money from the Stage 2 upgrade and do a smaller road trip by yourself!
    I'm leaning towards Stage 1 as the supporting mods for Stage 2 add another $800 but it's not really so much about the money as it is a "noticeable" difference between Stage 1 and 2Tuning advice...especially those with experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    As a gearhead you always want "a little more" and I'm at that point right now, here's what helped me with the "push" or pole with a pitchfork by the devil.

As many of you know I make a yearly trip to The Tail of the Dragon every year, this year would be #20 in a row. Two things have me changing my mind this year. The first is noone else can make it out this year. While I've always wanted to do it alone one time because I'd be on my own schedule, I'm not sure. The other reason is because my buddy who lives down there isn't going to be available tye weekend I'd be coming down as he's bettering himself at work, no problem there obviously.

The money I have put aside for the trip could go towards something that would TRANSFORM the EN into an absolute beast, there's something about having that "hammer" if/when the time arisesTuning advice...especially those with experience!

So here's the options:

Stage 1...295 whp/310 wtq w/o any other mods

Stage 2...320 whp/330 wtq and needs upgraded HPFP (fuel pump), better coils and intake.

Now I've already got an intake and turbo inlet pipe awaiting installation and according to the tuner I'm speaking to the Stage 1 w/ my intake & TIP should net me 300 whp/330 wtq, roughly. The TIP has a dyno proven gain on a stock EN of 7-10 whp gain.

Now the Stage 2 tune w/my supporting mods could put my EN around 330 whp/350 wtq, very tempting!

I'm not going to be out here beating the hell out of the car on a daily basis and apparently the trans can handle it and there a revision in the ECU tune that helps things along there. Speaking of the ECU tune every facet of it is adjusted and safety parameters are maintained.

Let talk about this guys...thoughtsTuning advice...especially those with experience!

Been modifiying forced induction cars since the early 90's. Best advice is to go slow enough to include all the supporting mods and ensure you are prepared to replace or repair things should it go south. It can and will eventually as per the odds, so just go in knowing that.

1st piece of advice is to ensure you have the proper cooling system mods to support the heat.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stage 2.... no question
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If stage 2 includes all needed parts from stage 1 I’d say 2.

Usually if you go stage 1 on anything and then decide stage 2 their is always wasted money.

Plus the idea of stage 2 will be lingering in your head.

I’m doing same on fuel system. Just ordered EFI and talked myself into multiport instead of TBI.

Now I’m ordering the gas tank and a good aeromotive tank and filter will do the job but I keep going back to a ricks stainless tank for 3 times the price….

Funny but I was gonna go to SEMA this year and I’m cancelling trip for this tank….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Stage 2 is basically just a more aggressive remap of Stage 1, the HPFP and coils are required, not sure how much more boost is involved here and that's the thing. It appears Stage 1 takes boost up to 22 psi and right now, when octane learned, its 18 psi but I've seen 19 and once, once it flashed 20 psi, so I bet is spikes for a second higher than 22 psi. The turbo in my car from the factory is a larger unit than what came on the Velsoter N and my FMIC is also larger but ofcoarse there's a larger FMIC but that's not needed until you go Stage 3 and that's NEVER happeningTuning advice...especially those with experience!

Btw I should say that I've got a set of Powerflex bushings to go into the doggone, motor mount and trana mount as well. This car has wheel hop now and has launch control already from the factory, plus it's e-diff. I'm hoping the bushings eliminate wheelhop and just spin the tiresTuning advice...especially those with experience!

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

N75 MotorSports

This is the company I'm going with

19. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast