autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know Tim from Adonis in Carlsbad?

Hi all,

Tim and I were going back and forth via email to set an appointment to get some warranty work done on my 4Runner and he stopped replying all of a sudden.

No replies to email and no replies to voicemail. Definitely seems out of character as all other communication before and after my work was done was great. Hope it's nothing serious.

Running out of options getting in touch with him so I figured I'd try here in case anyone knew him personally and could let me know if something's going on.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone know Tim from Adonis in Carlsbad?

What kind of warranty work?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    What kind of warranty work?
    I had him do full-front PPF a few weeks ago. The area around the hood next to the hood scoop is lifting. Tim said it was because the hood scoop is rubbing on it. Took it back once and Jason (one of Tim's guys) tried to get it to stick, but it failed the next day (he thought it might) so Tim said it needs to be trimmed. Was coordinating a time via email to bring it back in and then he stopped replying a few days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVFlyer View Post
    I had him do full-front PPF a few weeks ago. The area around the hood next to the hood scoop is lifting. Tim said it was because the hood scoop is rubbing on it. Took it back once and Jason (one of Tim's guys) tried to get it to stick, but it failed the next day (he thought it might) so Tim said it needs to be trimmed. Was coordinating a time via email to bring it back in and then he stopped replying.
    Gotcha. Why not drop back by in person?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Gotcha. Why not drop back by in person?
    Stars haven't aligned the past few days to get there during business hours.

Also, I wanted to drop it off and leave it so he had plenty of time to take care of it. Already made one wasted trip. I had to be sure he was ok with me leaving it there before I went over. Not all that convenient to get off work and coordinate with my wife's schedule to follow me over there to bring me back. Although I did go by late last night just to see if the office was still there. Took my son go-karting and wasn't too far away. Office has what looks like a lockbox on the front door handle and there were box trucks in the back. They could have belonged to the neighboring business, though. I left a note on the door for him to call me. Nothing yet. My guess is he had an emergency of some sort. Would be nice to know if that's the case, then I'd just pay someone else to fix it. Rather not, of course.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got an email from Tim. He had an injury that kept him out of action for a bit. All good.

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... I thought it was all good. Another couple emails to schedule a time to bring it in and he's gone again.

I wrote Elite Finish to get a quote on fixing it and also tint the front driver and passenger windows. I had used Wes to ceramic coat my Evoque back when I worked closer to them and was happy with their work. They quoted me a price for the windows and said they'd trim the scoop area for free. Nice.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... for pure entertainment value, I'll update this thread. Tim emailed the night before I took my car to Elite- one week after my last email to him. Said this week was busy but wanted to see if we could schedule for next week. No problem. Figured I'd wait until Elite looked at it before I replied.

Got to Elite and discussed the trimming of the scoop area. They weren't confident the PPF would not pull up after being trimmed so I told them to leave it. If they touched it I'd, most likely, lose my warranty with Tim, then my only option would be to re-do the hood at my cost (about $500). Emailed Tim back on 8/1 to let him know I could bring the car in Tuesday 8/8. Crossing my fingers I can get this done and put it behind me.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point I am doing 1 of 2 things:

1) Dropping by in person and nailing down a date

2) Sending one last email saying you will be turning this over to your attorney if the problem isn't solved by next Friday

Keep us posted

11. Likes DVFlyer liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the opportunity to stop by his place today. Door was locked-it's marked "By Appoinment Only" but the other times I've stopped by during business hours, it's been unlocked. I looked in and it appeared dark up front but the warehouse light was on. Got back in my car to drive around back and Tim came out the front door. He tried to trim the area while I waited, but couldn't clean off the residue with the scoop on. Made an appointment for Tuesday morning to drop it off so he can take whatever time it takes to get this squared away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast