autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Fayence Yellow is the color. A rare bird in it's own right. Car sounds incredible too with the exhaust he has on it!
    I didn't notice the exhaust, is it Akropavic (spelling)2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

^^^It is straight piped!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    ^^^It is straight piped!
    Had I known THAT, I might have stuck around to hear it2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, I can't place that yellow hatch in the third pic, you've also got a red two-door in a different pic; what are they?

Also funny story about that Avanti, I used to see one around here years ago, then last year I saw one...and it was a 4-door, I was like, what the heck? I had to look it up, they only made 90 of them, about 30 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Great stuff, I can't place that yellow hatch in the third pic, you've also got a red two-door in a different pic; what are they?

Also funny story about that Avanti, I used to see one around here years ago, then last year I saw one...and it was a 4-door, I was like, what the heck? I had to look it up, they only made 90 of them, about 30 years ago.
    The yellow hatch is a Lancia Delta Intergrale EVO2 and that red hatch is a Lamcia Delta S4, one of 200 made for Groupe B competition in the mid 80's, about 80 or less are reported to have survived. Its mid-engine, 1.7L Abarth-tuned engine with a turbo AND supercharger, 5 spd and AWD. A perf pack put the street cars @350 hp but the rally cars made 600 hp and I read somewhere they put an engine on a dyno and it made 1000 hp, insane2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

The green Audi Sport Quattro is the other SPECIAL car there, made to compete with the Delta S4 and its 5 cylinder engine made about 300 hp in street trim IIRC but the rally car made 500+hp. Btw this road going version cost $85K in 1985, more than a Countach...think about that for a second2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

4 door Avanti2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great collection of "unique" nowadays vehicles. Hard to pick a favorite!!!

Thanks for the posting them.

I see a lot of Montana plates. In Scottsdale you see a lot of tax avoidance too.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting little story from the show yesterday. So my g/f and I were walking around and we came up on that STUNNING GT350 and this older couple, probably late 60's/early 70's, were looking at the Stang and the woman says to her man "I'd rather see these here, where are all the muscle cars!" She then said some off color comment about foreign cars and even though I've got a big mouth and full of opinions myself I took the high road and didn't reach for the low hangin' fruit and simply said "well...this isn't that kind of show"2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Not sure if they were lost or driving by and decided to check out the cars but it's amazing how ignint, yes, that's how I say it to be funny, people are with cars! How many red 57' Chevy's, orange w/black or white striped 69' Camaros can you REALLY look at that you haven't seen a trillion times over2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Growing up in Detroit I know how these people think, been there, done that. My eyes got opened in the summer of 1997 or so when I saw an EAGLE Talon put atleast 6 cars on a Viper, the whole world opened up and I became aware of "what if"2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

I later found out the guy had about $15K in the engine but this car was a daily driver, used to see it myself when I had my 12 second Grand National, fast for 25 years ago, nowadays not so much2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

People like that really piss me off because they've got no respect for other cars and cultures, wonder what they'd think of a low 13/high 12 second Hgundai Elantra N 2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The yellow hatch is a Lancia Delta Integrale EVO2 and that red hatch is a Lancia Delta S4...
    Ah, Lancia! I forgot that marque even existed. In the back of my brain I knew the era of that car, but I guess I was thinking of the Renault 5, which I couldn't remember either. Thanks for the reminders.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The green Audi Sport Quattro is the other SPECIAL car there...
    Yeah, people don't realize that before "quattro" became just a driveline moniker, it was an Audi model specifically to homologate for those rallies. At the time Quattro's came here, I briefly dreamed about having one (not an $85,000 one), after C/D explained how AWD improved the utilization of the tire contact patches, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the Urr-Quattro at this show, an orange one and those are more common...relatively speaking 2023 Memorial Day weekend FuelFed Winnetka C&C...RARE & Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

The convertible Cadillac is my favorite
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast