autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

$60 repair bill on compressor

The shop called yesterday, the repairs were complete on the air compressor. I had to wait until today to go pick it up, because "The Wife" decreed that, that anytime I go to Hartville (those in NE Ohio, know all about Hartville), that ANYTIME I GO THERE, SHE IS GOING WITH ME, because that's where the Hartville Kitchen (a beyond awesome Amish-run restaurant).

We'd stopped at the shop first. Like I said, I was quoted $60 on the phone and it SHOULD have been that, but like any guy, I had to get some toys to go along with my "new" compressor. BUT IN MY DEFENSE ... all the "extras" I bought were necessary! The hose that my FIL gave me was a 15,' but it was dry-rotted the entire length and was unusable. So I upgraded to a 50' hose made by the same manufacturer as the compressor (Rol-Air). I also bought a quart of compressor oil for maintenance and upkeep.

They said that there was actually very little wrong with it. The drain plug was broken and leaking, the air filter had broken and small pieces had gotten onto the mechanicals and were removed and the drain plug replaced. Also replaced was the pressure gauge showing what the output pressure is set to.

All said and done, the bill was still only $105. Out of curiosity, I just looked up what a Rol-Air compressor costs. I found the (slightly upgraded) version of what I have, and brand new it runs $532. So I ended up with an over $500 compressor for $105. Not a bad deal at all.

Anyway, it's now it's back in my garage and functional, just waiting to be used.

And since you all asked so nicely (LOL) here is a picture of my new toy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  repair bill on compressor-tn_20230314_155552-jpg 
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $60 repair bill on compressor

thats great Don

3. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to look up hart vile kitchen. Food reminds me of Cracker Barrel/cafeteria style food which I love.

Funny only 3 mainland states don’t have a Cracker Barrel. WA is one of them. Now I get to be mad we don’t have a Hartland Kitchen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Had to look up hart vile kitchen. Food reminds me of Cracker Barrel/cafeteria style food which I love.

Funny only 3 mainland states don’t have a Cracker Barrel. WA is one of them. Now I get to be mad we don’t have a Hartland Kitchen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hartville Kitchen BLOWS Cracker Barrel away!
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just "blew up" my toaster

Since retiring, I've been cleaning the hell out of the house, including anything that's not fast enough to get out of my way (the toaster WAS pretty slow ).

So I noticed that there were a LOT of crumbs coming from the bottom of the toaster. Being a rational person the first thing I did was remove the crumb tray, and it was LOADED. I emptied and cleaned it, but the toaster was still jam-packed.

So I had the bright idea - my compressor works now, let's give it a shot. So, out to the garage I go, toaster in hand. Now mind you, my FIL had the regulator set at 110 PSI, and I've never felt a need to change the setting.

Out comes the blow gun, and I literally go to town, blowing into the toaster from the bottom vents, turning it upside down, blowing into the openings in the top, etc. In all, it took me almost 15 minutes of air-blasting, turning and shaking the toaster. I had a literal crumb "blizzard" in the garage for a few minutes.

Success, right? Well...... My wife tried to make toast a short while later and the lever wouldn't stay down (it does this only if the toaster is not plugged in). So she called me, told me: "You killed the toaster." So I go in to check, and sure enough, I tried everything and it was DOA - But it was CLEAN!
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

9. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, bill walsh liked this post