autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Portable Tire Inflator

I’ve been looking for a tire inflator for a while but most of the ones I’d seen were powered by cables that forced you to connect to the vehicles 12v plug. This one is among the several available that can connect through the 12v in the car or connect directly to a wall outlet/extension cord.Portable Tire Inflator

This thing comes in handy, not only do I frequently use it to top off/maintain my tires at 32psi. but I like to use it on the vehicles I detail to ensure my clients tires are at the proper inflation + its kind of satisfies my inner OCD. Lol.
    There’s something about sending a perfectly detailed vehicle away with even the tires properly inflated that just feels right.

Alot of the vehicles I detail are from times before tpms came standard + sometimes I’ll get a vehicle that’s been sitting for a while and the tires are way under inflated like this car today. All 4 tires were at least 10psi under the recommended number listed on the doorjamb.

That’s when I thought about the spare tire. I checked it and it only at 9psi. Can you imagine needing to change a tire only to find out the donut is flat?Portable Tire Inflator These are the things most people don’t think about until it’s too late… I inflated it to the recommended 60psi.

Who else has a similar air compressor? Do you use it much?

2. Likes dgage, Big Dave, SNP209, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Portable Tire Inflator

I have a Milwaukee M12 inflator for the house and each car. Works great. But I had already standardized on the M12 system.

4. Likes Big Dave, Eldorado2k, PaulMys, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Ryobi power inflator, with the ONE+ 18V battery. I used it a couple of weeks back when I noticed my front right tyre was down to 33psi, I run 38 all round, and the rest were fine, also, it hasn't lost any since. The thing has a hair trigger though, it's so easy to set it off accidentally, but it requires no pressure to hold the trigger in. I'm pretty standardized with the Ryobi ONE+ system. I do have a portable one that connects to the car battery, I always keep it packed in the FJ, it's a pain to unpack and repack the cable and hose every time you use it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    it's a pain to unpack and repack the cable and hose every time you use it.
    Same thing with this 1. So much so that I think I’m going to stop trying to put it back in the door after each use because I feel like it’ll eventually become a weak point and cause the tip to snap off or tear the hose.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I use a Ryobi power inflator, with the ONE+ 18V battery. I used it a couple of weeks back when I noticed my front right tyre was down to 33psi, I run 38 all round, and the rest were fine, also, it hasn't lost any since. The thing has a hair trigger though, it's so easy to set it off accidentally, but it requires no pressure to hold the trigger in. I'm pretty standardized with the Ryobi ONE+ system. I do have a portable one that connects to the car battery, I always keep it packed in the FJ, it's a pain to unpack and repack the cable and hose every time you use it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I also have this. I had been using a Slime 12v compressor but it gets very tedious having to open a door on one side to do 2 tires, then open a door on the other side to get all 4 tires. On the plus side, it let's you set a pressure that it will stop at.

The Ryobi could use an LED light on the front like a lot of cordless drills have. It also requires you to hold down the trigger. It's convenient tho. I saw there's a new USB rechargeable one which looks pretty compact. (Edit with link: USB LITHIUM HIGH PRESSURE INFLATOR KIT - RYOBI Tools, seems questionable if it could handle a big truck tire or really flat car tire)

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have the Ryobi. I’m totally happy with it.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I have a Milwaukee M12 inflator for the house and each car. Works great. But I had already standardized on the M12 system.
    Thats next on my list as I have a bunch of the other Milwaukee tools..
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

If you have M18 in batteries, I'd lean on the M18.

I have the M12. It's great for minor top offs/adjustments here and there
    When the M18 came out, got that. I like how it has 3 different memory adjustments.
    On the M12, it starts at ZERO. U need to adjust every time you turn it on

Strangely, I also bought the M18 pancake compressor to blow out the irrigation lines without needing to deal with the compressor.
    If I had a choice, M12+Plug Kits in cars. And the pancake, cause it has more capacity than the M18 inflator.
    Regardless, alll 3 are great.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Ryobi one and love it. It's also handy for charging my IK Foam Pro 12

Post Thanks / Like

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

Telegram: Contact @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast