My PMS for the day.

We had a main sewer line clog last January (2022 that is).
Plumber cleared the clog and we also got a free camera inspection to see if there is anything else wrong (more info on 'Third company' below)

There's a significant belly in the (80 yr old) clay tile line from the curb to the city tie-in and roots growing into the old line.
Up to the curb, previous owners installed a sleeve, but didn't go beyond the curb, which is where the issue is.

We've had 3 quotes so far:

First company quoted to replace the line from the house to the curb and not fix the actual belly issue. Plus, they didn't include any concrete work (like sidewalk), landscaping...etc. Just under $17k.

Second company had the full quote to replace the belly and any concrete work/landscaping, ~$16k, but they also required us to remove the large (50+year old) boulevard tree before they would do the work.

Third company was was the same company that cleared the clog last year. They quoted just over $9k to fix the belly last year.
Of course, a year of procrastination sets in and it's now up to $15k. Yes, 66% increase.
Their actual repair (main line) only went up by $1k, but the curb and street repair (they have to dig up part of the street) went up by $4k (over 2x last year).
I'm still in awe that it went up that much. $hit, just putting signs in the street went up by almost $500 (almost 2x). Seriously, that's just ridiculous.
I might reach out to the city to see if they have a contractor for roadway work and get a quote directly from them.