autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water heater down.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Did yinz build it yourselves or a builder? Was it a builder that does the housing plans or shall i say developements?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    A builder built it in a development, but but there was flexibility. They had several "models" to choose from, but we still had control over the floorplan, front elevation, etc. Somethings like appliances and light fixtures we chose. Others we didn't.

I can't complain too much. The house is built really well and it was what we could afford at the time. This house was the first one we'd ever bought after more than a decade of globe hopping with the military. We've learned a lot since then and I'm sure it would be different when we do it again.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes dgage, opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    I did ask him about the big box store brands. He mentioned they stay away from them. He can't count how many they replaced. You cannot get parts for them! Also asked him about the insulating wraps for them. Not needed. The new ones have plenty of insulation. If you look at your new one, it looks bigger because of all the built in insulation.
    I tried to get my daughter and her husband to slow down and think this through and make a better plan, possibly an on demand unit, but they were adamant about getting up and running ASAP, so we did what we did

At under $500 with no install costs if it lasts a few years so be it, and in the meantime I will have more experience with on-demand units and maybe we can go from there...

4. Likes PA DETAILER, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea. Sadly, when they go you want it replaced ASAP!!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

6. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    We used them frequently when traveling in Europe.

Many of the BNB's we stayed in, especially in countries like Belgium and the Netherlands, had one in every guest bathroom rather than having to have a giant water heater to supply all the guest rooms and the rest of the landlords house too. I remember the water being hot pretty fast and it never ran out. Unlike at our house with a water heater, the hot water never ran out either. This was handy when our whole family was hitting the showers and one of my girls in line before me decided to hold a one-person concert and took forever. I didn't have to worry about getting stuck with a cold shower. ...
    I've heard of/considered getting a mini on-demand heater that you install just for your shower/etc. Then like you say it's endless hot shower potential.

8. Likes chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I've heard of/considered getting a mini on-demand heater that you install just for your shower/etc. Then like you say it's endless hot shower potential.
    For the master bathroom, that would be great. For my daughter’s bathroom I want it on a timer of no more 10 min as my teenage daughter seems to take it as a personal challenge to utilize the entire 50 gallons of hot water by herself.

10. Likes opie, oneheadlite, Desertnate, chilly liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234