autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No one on my block washes their cars

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    A lot of people will when buying a new car clean their car or have it detailed thinking they’ll get most for car. A car lot knows how to polish up to look good for sale.

But it you Detail it or have it detailed they KNOW you are looking for a new car. Will try harder to play hardball.

If your car is dirty on outside and messy on inside they don’t know how serious you are…. Mighta just stopped by to look at the pretty car on corner display.

If they don’t think your intent was to go in and buy a car but that you just randomly stopped by the will work harder because your intent to buy goes out the window. Basically an impulse buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhh ok i get what your puttin down now lol. Thanks for explanation.

That would be a hard thing for me to do.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I haven't seen anyone hand wash their vehicle in years. I live on a main corner cutting thru our neighborhood, the looks I get while washing. When I am playing with the foam cannon the average speed of passersby's is about 10-15 mph. A couple years ago I had a cop hit the curb because he was gawking. The tunnel wash in our small city always has a line.

I too hate cutting grass, a couple years ago I started having it done. The first season went good, the second season with the same company not so good. I think they didn't know you can sharpen the blades, lawn looked bad. Got rid of them found someone else, not much better, their machine must have been a golf cart in its past life as it was taking what looked like 2-3 foot long divots. I had to put down grass seed. Got rid of them and went back to doing it myself.

I am the only person out of the people I know that changes their own oil. I want to make sure of whats going in and that it is done right.

3. Likes PaulMys, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing about cutting your own grass... First of all it's a whole lot more pleasant when your grass is in great condition. Having to go out and mow a weed infested vacant lot isn't quite as much fun. Second, every lawn on my block looks just about the same, you know why? It's the same guys mowing everyone's lawns and when they go from house to house they're picking up and depositing the same weeds and seeds onto everyone else's lawn. I guess you could say it would be like washing everyone's car without changing the water in the bucket. Before you know it everyone's lawn looks the same.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    The tunnel wash in our small city always has a line.
    Make yourself up some bussiness cards and go stand atthe end of it and hand them out...."here you go sir, call me in a couple months when you need to bring the shine back to this high dollar ride this tunnel wash keeps fuucking up".No one on my block washes their carsNo one on my block washes their carsNo one on my block washes their cars

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7. Likes Hammer77, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time. Money. Hobbies. So many variables. Oh, and automotive meat grinders that are cheap and easy to stop at to and from work or wherever. Factor in many people drive leases(no reason to wash a lease, it isn't and probably never will be yours.) Also rare for people to hold onto cars for any meaningful amount of time. My dad hasn't bought a new car since 1991. I have bought two new cars since 2016.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a handful on my street that clean their vehicles regularly (probably more as I can't see other side.) One not to far down has his kids help which is hilarious to see at times, looks like they have fun, lol...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Yall seem to have too much time on your hands, worrying about what everyone else in your neighborhood does lol. I could care less who does their car or their own lawn. lol. Nosey ass neighbors. Mind ya business.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

11. Likes noorth, Big Dave liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234