autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No one on my block washes their cars

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I am the ONLY person in my neighborhood who washes his car. It should be no surprise that I’m also the only one who mows the lawn too.
    Same here LOL. The only time I remember anyone washing their cars was 20 or so years ago when there were a few high school kids that would occasionally wash their car. You would fairly regularly see a few younger adults at the 'wash it yourself' facilities, but they removed ours locally about 5 years ago.

I know for sure I'm the only one that manages the cut grass clippings on the sidewalks and driveways. I REALLY hate driveways and sidewalks with grass clippings and leaves all over the place.

2. Likes Honda Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to avail myself of those before I caught the detailing bug. After, I’d give money but not have them wash my car. I don’t even see that anywhere any more and I can’t remember the last time I saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

My development has over 200 houses and I've only seen 3 or 4 different houses washing a car outside. I guess most still take it to the swirl inducing tunnel but there are some that actually never wash. My neighbor next door is one of them, only uses the rain as a car wash. The funny part is that her car is always dry while my wife's car outside is full of water beads on it. Last night, for example, it rained. This morning I saw our Grand Cherokee covered in beads (looked really nice) but then I looked at this old Grand Cherokee and it's dry, almost like it never rained. So what makes a dirty car that is never washed and never seen any protection applied dry so much faster?
    Bruno Soares

5. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am the only guy in my neighborhood who washes his car in the winter, in shorts, and a t shirt. I do notice that whenever I go outside and start a detailing session, my next door neighbor all of the sudden goes outside and starts washing his car. He does a half assed job but at least he attempts it.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

7. Likes PaulMys, opie, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell, I don't think anyone else in my whole TOWN washes their cars. Lol

I'm sure I am wrong, but I never see one person in this (tiny) village washing their vehicles.

I was machine polishing the Ram once a few years ago, and the neighbor from down the block walked in the yard and asked me why I was "sanding" my truck.

When I told him what I was actually doing, he just looked confused and walked off.

Same guy who's wife got him a $1500 Cub Cadet snow blower for Christmas about 5-6 years ago. He used it once that winter, and then I never saw it again.

I asked him about it a couple years later, and he said "It was a POS. Wouldn't start right, so I sold it."

People have NO clue about anything, and it seems they don't want to learn either..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes opie, Bruno Soares, Hammer77 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Some people in my area will sometimes scuff at someone who is taking care of their cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Neighbor pulled up with his wife and said your going to wash the paint off. Next day he was washing their cars!No one on my block washes their carsNo one on my block washes their cars

I still see him washing it from time to time. I probably see 10-15 peoples at least once in summer washing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to wash my car every week. I try to do that during the summer. Some of my other vehicles are more hit and miss. I don't have the amount of time I did 15 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

The housing estate I live in is about 50% defense housing, and there all RAAF, so a reasonable amount of young families in my neighbourhood. Which means a good amount of car washing is happening. I walk my dogs late in the afternoon, so I know the regulars who wash their cars, about half use foam cannons, they've become very popular recently, the "in" thing.

I know what a pain it is when someone interrupts mid wash, so I usually just nod a hello, if they happen to be using something I like, I let them know, if they're using something crap, I keep it to myself.

On the weekend the guy a few houses up on the other side of the road washed his old Nissan Patrol, and he was putting something on the plastic trim afterwards, curiosity got the better of me, out came the binoculars, it was Mother's Naturally Black. No comment.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

15. Likes Tasmania, PaulMys, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Same here. Some people in my area will sometimes scuff at someone who is taking care of their cars.
    I think this is due to people, in general, viewing cars as nothing but an expensive appliance like their refrigerator or washing machine. Many don't even remember the brand of vehicle they drive, have no clue what type of engine is under the hood, and only get it serviced because the reminder pops up on the dash. Keeping it in marginal running condition is good enough.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

17. Likes PaulMys, noorth liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast