Prayers needed!!

Today is my oldest son's birthday, he is 31 years old. Two years ago, we got him an emotional support dog (Ruby) and because of the dog, my son has lost over 100 pounds, he WAS homebound and extremely socially awkward ... he would not engage in a conversation with ANYONE, or even look them in the face IF he did speak. Because of Ruby, that is all history. Not only will he now willingly leave the house (with the dog), he will INITIATE a social interaction with complete stranger.

About a month ago, Ruby got violently sick, dry-heaving and vomiting. The vet said it could be a symptom of a life-threatening issue, so we rushed her in. Fortunately, it was not anything life-threatening, and she has seemed fine since.

About a half hour ago, she started doing the same thing again. My wife called the vet, but I INSISTED she take her in, so she and my son are on their way to the animal hospital. I even called my pastor and asked him to pray for my son's dog.

From the 1st time, we know that any corrective treatment (if needed) will be extremely expensive, but I feel we owe Ruby too much to ever repay her for what she has done for my son.

I have told my wife to do whatever is needed, cost be damned to save Ruby - that if it comes down to paying for needed treatment, I will sell my Camaro for whatever I can get for it. Those that know me will understand the significance.

Please God, don't let my son lose his dog like this ... NOT ON HIS BIRTHDAY!