autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers desperately NEEDED!!!!

Prayers needed!!

Today is my oldest son's birthday, he is 31 years old. Two years ago, we got him an emotional support dog (Ruby) and because of the dog, my son has lost over 100 pounds, he WAS homebound and extremely socially awkward ... he would not engage in a conversation with ANYONE, or even look them in the face IF he did speak. Because of Ruby, that is all history. Not only will he now willingly leave the house (with the dog), he will INITIATE a social interaction with complete stranger.

About a month ago, Ruby got violently sick, dry-heaving and vomiting. The vet said it could be a symptom of a life-threatening issue, so we rushed her in. Fortunately, it was not anything life-threatening, and she has seemed fine since.

About a half hour ago, she started doing the same thing again. My wife called the vet, but I INSISTED she take her in, so she and my son are on their way to the animal hospital. I even called my pastor and asked him to pray for my son's dog.

From the 1st time, we know that any corrective treatment (if needed) will be extremely expensive, but I feel we owe Ruby too much to ever repay her for what she has done for my son.

I have told my wife to do whatever is needed, cost be damned to save Ruby - that if it comes down to paying for needed treatment, I will sell my Camaro for whatever I can get for it. Those that know me will understand the significance.

Please God, don't let my son lose his dog like this ... NOT ON HIS BIRTHDAY!
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prayers desperately NEEDED!!!!

Praying for Ruby and the vet!

3. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Prayers needed!!

Today is my oldest son's birthday, he is 31 years old. Two years ago, we got him an emotional support dog (Ruby) and because of the dog, my son has lost over 100 pounds, he WAS homebound and extremely socially awkward ... he would not engage in a conversation with ANYONE, or even look them in the face IF he did speak. Because of Ruby, that is all history. Not only will he now willingly leave the house (with the dog), he will INITIATE a social interaction with complete stranger.

About a month ago, Ruby got violently sick, dry-heaving and vomiting. The vet said it could be a symptom of a life-threatening issue, so we rushed her in. Fortunately, it was not anything life-threatening, and she has seemed fine since.

About a half hour ago, she started doing the same thing again. My wife called the vet, but I INSISTED she take her in, so she and my son are on their way to the animal hospital. I even called my pastor and asked him to pray for my son's dog.

From the 1st time, we know that any corrective treatment (if needed) will be extremely expensive, but I feel we owe Ruby too much to ever repay her for what she has done for my son.

I have told my wife to do whatever is needed, cost be damned to save Ruby - that if it comes down to paying for needed treatment, I will sell my Camaro for whatever I can get for it. Those that know me will understand the significance.

Please God, don't let my son lose his dog like this ... NOT ON HIS BIRTHDAY!

Prayers as requested. Ph. 4:6-7

5. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes Don M, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Praying for Ruby, my friend

7. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATE***

Some GOOD News ...

They are at the hospital. Ruby has stopped dry-heaving/throwing up and is acting more her normal self - scared because she doesn't do well with strangers, only my son, but has been warming up to the immediate family. She has SEVERE fear issues about strangers, and my wife says there are A LOT of people/other dogs in the waiting room, so showing fear by shaking and hiding behind my wife/son is normal for her.

The hospital staff has taken her vitals and done a basic exam, and DID NOT classify her as an "Emergency" patient - EXCELLENT news. Now my wife says they're just waiting on the Dr to examine her, and my wife said she believes it will be HOURS, they are that busy.

I'm still glad they are there though, just to make sure everything is OK. Even though my wife has to suffer by waiting there, she agrees, though I feel like I might be suffering a little more, because I'm NOT there and have no idea what's going on until I get a call or a text.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Willbeen THANK YOU FOR THIS. It DOES help

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear, Don....keep us posted

10. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You got it Don! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

12. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***2nd Update***

My wife just texted me. There are still 4 - 5 dogs ahead of them in line to be seen by the doctor. Ruby is still nervous and wanting to lay down, but the chair she took over is too small for her

The wife says both the dog and my son have relaxed a lot and Ruby is acting like she feels much better, but she still anticipates a few more hours waiting. What surprised ME is how strongly *I* reacted to her getting sick ... I was (and still am a little) a literal mess.

The wife sent me a pic when I asked how Ruby was doing, this is what I got:

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful dog!

15. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent, Don!

My wife works for our local vet. She suggested maybe looking into Care Credit.

It's a payment plan service they use for clients who get socked with big, unexpected vet bills.

I hope everything works out, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes Flash Gordon, Don M liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast