autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So this time, my NIECE did a thing

just talked with service manager and we showed him with water where leak is coming from, they order new t top gaskets

2. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    If I heard my Sister-in-Law right, they intend to buy the car at the end of the lease. They went for the lease, for the lower down payment/payments.
    I think buying a lease at the end only makes sense in 2 situations: the trade in value is higher than the residual which you owe, or you want to keep the vehicle and have the money to pay cash. Financing at that time is not a good idea since you already paid 3 years of interest, paying a few more is no good. I saw a person that leased a car for 3 years and at the end bought it with a 72 month financing. That’s almost a decade of interest on a depreciating asset. Talk about being upside down on a loan.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes PaulMys, Honda Fan, opie, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I think buying a lease at the end only makes sense in 2 situations: the trade in value is higher than the residual which you owe, or you want to keep the vehicle and have the money to pay cash. Financing at that time is not a good idea since you already paid 3 years of interest, paying a few more is no good. I saw a person that leased a car for 3 years and at the end bought it with a 72 month financing. That’s almost a decade of interest on a depreciating asset. Talk about being upside down on a loan.
    Exactly. 9 years of payments that will equal (roughly) paying 55k for a 40k car.

Stupidity at best.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leases are fine if you are the type to get a new car every 2-3 years and “live with a payment. See car payment as gas just something your gonna pay.

Makes more sense to lease with smaller payments and move on. The way leases are set up you’ll probably pay a little less interest but you are paying taxes on actual payment. Means your paying the tax on the interest.

Normally not recommended to lease then buy but if car values stay the same then. Maybe she’ll make out.

I’ve been looking at new Supra’s and was hoping to find a 20-21 at a good price but the V6’s are still new prices. Most other cars seem to be correcting some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Exactly. 9 years of payments that will equal (roughly) paying 55k for a 40k car.

Stupidity at best.
    They should teach (not to do) this and first aid in high schools. Maybe we wouldn't have so many stupid people running around breathing my air
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123