autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things that make you go hmmm

Yeah you wanna learn a little about Memphis Hustle and Flow is a good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I actually remember that story. That was some time back.

I always make eye contact. I want these idiots to know that I am aware of their presence. Street smarts and being familiar with the lay of the city also come in handy.
    One mile North million dollar homes. One mile South 25,000 homes. This city changes fast
    Right!

Pontiac bordered with West Bloomfield. The south end of Pontiac, which was and still is pretty rough. One of my drum instructors actually lived on Bloomfield street IN Pontiac! West Bloomfield is huge money, where I could probably buy a distressed home in Pontias for less than a years wages.

3. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for the people from these stories....I got out of Toledo ohio for this very reason...
    I actually got between 2 gangs that had a fire fight, I hit the deck and jumped under a car......good times...
    Right after that I moved the studio 20 miles west to Sylvania Ohio

This was the view out the back door at my old studio.
    I put this together as a joke 20 years ago

5. Likes chilly, Flash Gordon, BudgetPlan1, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see meme's about Ohio. They make it look bad. I never understood them, for the obvious reason that I don't know it.

But I don't really see news stories about OH. I see them about Florida and the craziness out there, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Right!

Pontiac bordered with West Bloomfield. The south end of Pontiac, which was and still is pretty rough. One of my drum instructors actually lived on Bloomfield street IN Pontiac! West Bloomfield is huge money, where I could probably buy a distressed home in Pontias for less than a years wages.
    If you can pick up any of those homes for a bargain you may want to look into that. You could turn them into section 8 housing and let the government pay your mortgage. Once paid off you'll have residual income
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I see meme's about Ohio. They make it look bad. I never understood them, for the obvious reason that I don't know it.

But I don't really see news stories about OH. I see them about Florida and the craziness out there, though.
    Only thing that I know about Ohio is that I was flown there to pickup Dave Thomas's 928 Porsche and drive it back to Memphis. While at headquarters they had a friggin Wendy's inside the building (not open to the public). That was the best damn hamburger, French fries and frosty that I've ever had. Was cool meeting Mr Thomas and having him show me around the car before hauling ass home.
    I think the rock n roll hall of fame is up there somewhere too.

As far as goofing on Ohio and Florida you might want to take a hard look at your own state.
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Flash, you’ve sure met an interested assortment of people. I like Wendy’s when they get my order right
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

10. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Wow Flash, you’ve sure met an interested assortment of people. I like Wendy’s when they get my order right
    Are you sure they were??

J/K Flasher G..
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Only thing that I know about Ohio is that I was flown there to pickup Dave Thomas's 928 Porsche and drive it back to Memphis. While at headquarters they had a friggin Wendy's inside the building (not open to the public). That was the best damn hamburger, French fries and frosty that I've ever had. Was cool meeting Mr Thomas and having him show me around the car before hauling ass home.
    I think the rock n roll hall of fame is up there somewhere too.

As far as goofing on Ohio and Florida you might want to take a hard look at your own state.
    Eh, Ohio’s just like any state I’d imagine…good parts, bad parts. Lived in NE Ohio outside of Cleveland (Rock n Roll Hall of Fame) for most of my life, moved to Central, OH outside of Columbus (Wendy’s HQ) a year or so ago.

Cleveland was a bit of a joke in the 70’s, resurgence in the 80’s & 90’s; Columbus a bit of a cow-town in the 80’s when I went to school here but major transformation in the last 20 years or so, neat area now w lotsa corporate HQ’s.

Some cities folks find sketchy like Youngstown, Toledo…never really recovered from their heyday decades ago. Plenty of small towns, some nice, some not so much.

Probably pretty typical state all things considered…as long as you don’t consider anything Cleveland Browns-related Things that make you go hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The decline (theft) of American manufacturing from this Country has been the biggest contributor to the downfall of most landlocked states/cities in America.

The destruction of auto unions, farming, steel production, and textile plants was the death blow to the true American domination of the planet.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast