autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things that make you go hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Back in the late 80's work would have me in Memphis once a year......scary place IMO
    My gf used to be a flight attendant for a Delta subsidiary. She said that when in Memphis she woke up to a car burning in the parking lot that had a body in the trunk.

I'm just east of Pontiac which has some pretty dangerous parts in it. My cousin who grew up in Pontiac recently moved out to Auburn Hills because the shootings got so bad where she was.

My Mom and Dad both grew up there. Both sets of grandparents lived there as well as a bunch of aunts/uncles/cousins, so there are no parts I'm unfamiliar with, but I know the areas to really watch myself.

Last night I was with a group of odd friends and mom. It was brought up the time I was driving with my then gf through Pontiac on the way to Summit Place Mall. She didn't have an iota of street smarts. This was when people were getting shot at for making eye contact. I was a senior in high school, and she was a sophomore - we were young. There she is just staring out the window. I had to remind her to keep looking straight ahead. There was another time where the kids on the Pontiac bust started throwing things at my car, and another time where we were in her old 1972 Olds F85 eating Hot N Now in the Toys R Us parking lot and a group of Pontiac boys started throwing things at her car. I was outnumbered five to one so I chose to retreat!

2. Likes Bosko, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard memphis is bad. These stories are one reason why 2nd amendment is critical

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, PaulMys, Jayfro, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the late 80's work would have me in Memphis once a year......scary place IMO
    Back then this city was as safe as Fort Knox. You would be shocked if you saw it now.

This morning on my way to Mississippi (where half of memphians escaped to) I witnessed a young man being car jacked at the red light.

6. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is something very troubling right there!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Luckily I don't have to worry about either. Google Dana Point and you'll see why.lol
    No need to Google. I know right where you are. I pass through Dana Point on my way to San Clemente when I am in socal. Will be there again in just a few weeks. Very pretty area for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    My gf used to be a flight attendant for a Delta subsidiary. She said that when in Memphis she woke up to a car burning in the parking lot that had a body in the trunk.

I'm just east of Pontiac which has some pretty dangerous parts in it. My cousin who grew up in Pontiac recently moved out to Auburn Hills because the shootings got so bad where she was.

My Mom and Dad both grew up there. Both sets of grandparents lived there as well as a bunch of aunts/uncles/cousins, so there are no parts I'm unfamiliar with, but I know the areas to really watch myself.

Last night I was with a group of odd friends and mom. It was brought up the time I was driving with my then gf through Pontiac on the way to Summit Place Mall. She didn't have an iota of street smarts. This was when people were getting shot at for making eye contact. I was a senior in high school, and she was a sophomore - we were young. There she is just staring out the window. I had to remind her to keep looking straight ahead. There was another time where the kids on the Pontiac bust started throwing things at my car, and another time where we were in her old 1972 Olds F85 eating Hot N Now in the Toys R Us parking lot and a group of Pontiac boys started throwing things at her car. I was outnumbered five to one so I chose to retreat!
    I actually remember that story. That was some time back.

I always make eye contact. I want these idiots to know that I am aware of their presence. Street smarts and being familiar with the lay of the city also come in handy.
    One mile North million dollar homes. One mile South 25,000 homes. This city changes fast

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I heard memphis is bad. These stories are one reason why 2nd amendment is critical

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    The police have shot and killed 3 in the past 10 days. We need more of that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That is something very troubling right there!
    It was. In 60 seconds my mind went in 15 directions. I normally would have stopped to help but I only had a 4 hour window before the rain was going to hit me. I knew if I stopped I would end up having to wait on the police.

I did call the police to report what was happening. I haven't heard about anyone being murdered so hopefully it worked out for the young man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Back then this city was as safe as Fort Knox. You would be shocked if you saw it now.

This morning on my way to Mississippi (where half of memphians escaped to) I witnessed a young man being car jacked at the red light.
    Whoa!

The locals back then even told me, you are in the good part of Memphis..consider yourself lucky.

14. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!

The locals back then even told me, you are in the good part of Memphis..consider yourself lucky.
    Even the better parts of the city are becoming affected. I'm hoping this will finally bring change now that the big money folk are becoming victims.
    The CEO of the chamber of commerce had his head blown off walking home from dinner on a Thursday night

Phil Trenary death: Video shows moments before Memphis shooting

A billionaire heiress was murdered this past summer (she ran right past my home) while doing her morning jog

Memphis abducted mom, Eliza Fletcher, an heiress to family'''s prominent hardware company | Fox News

16. Likes Bosko liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast