autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sad Saturday…

Post Thanks / Like

Sad Saturday…

As we get older I know everyone can relate to friends growing apart and people not hanging out like we once did because life gets in the way. There’s people who actually ##### about things like that, right?

So I decided to try and plan a fun memorable night out with what I consider 1 of my best friends since childhood, we haven’t hung out in a while, and keep in mind this guy played high school basketball so it’s not like it’s something he has no interest in… And this is the response I get.

Oh btw he didn’t know, but I already bought the tickets. Damn good seats too! Ahh man this bummed me out just now. Just had to vent that out.

Cold world we live in.

2. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sad Saturday…

Sorry to hear. The older you get the more regret you'll have looking back at missed opportunities.

I'm going to be in SoCal for a couple of weeks next month if you'd like to meet up. Maybe go to a car show or practice wet sanding on the rental car if you'd like.

4. Likes Eldorado2k, hoyt66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Sorry to hear. The older you get the more regret you'll have looking back at missed opportunities.

I'm going to be in SoCal for a couple of weeks next month if you'd like to meet up. Maybe go to a car show or practice wet sanding on the rental car if you'd like.
    If the time is right yea, we’ll see what’s up.

6. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If the time is right yea, we’ll see what’s up.
    Cool. If not I understand. Sorry again for the depressing news. Tomorrow is a new day

8. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As we get older I know everyone can relate to friends growing apart and people not hanging out like we once did because life gets in the way. There’s people who actually ##### about things like that, right?

So I decided to try and plan a fun memorable night out with what I consider 1 of my best friends since childhood, we haven’t hung out in a while, and keep in mind this guy played high school basketball so it’s not like it’s something he has no interest in… And this is the response I get.

Oh btw he didn’t know, but I already bought the tickets. Damn good seats too! Ahh man this bummed me out just now. Just had to vent that out.

Cold world we live in.
    Nah I get it. Maybe he’s got stuff going on in his life that’s got him down. Maybe he had to work.

Still friends since childhood I would give a better response. You only get so many good friends and that was dope of you to do.

It’s funny… I had the opposite happen. Guy I got pay in a fantasy league with some friends in AK that I know and that he knows. We’ve never met but communicate through a group chat.

Calls me up Saturday and had a friend who cancelled so he called to offer me his SeaHawks ticket to a box suite. He had other guys already in his group and coulda invited another friend or even some other guys from the group. He just thought we should meet and calls me 1st.

Black Friday weekend and I work retail so I couldn’t take off but I was wowed by jesture.

So if he ain’t got time for you it’s all good. You seem like a solid dude and there’s plenty of people out there who want to enjoy life…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes dgage, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read that, I know how that feels.

I drifted apart from my friend group at high school. I got busy prioritizing work in the years after school, and I was not into parties and staying up to all hours drinking. So, we gradually just lost touch.

A couple of years ago, somehow, I reacted to a Facebook post from my closest buddy, who had since left town and had been working and living in the capital city. We had a bit of a chat via messenger and agreed to catch up over lunch when he was home for the weekend. I was pumped, we both got along so well, laughed a lot, he somehow brought me out of my shy self during the last two years of school.

Well, the morning of said lunch get together, he sent me a message saying that he was going home early and wouldn't be able to make it. I played it cool, said I understood, but it certainly hurt. Have not heard from him since.

I have always been of the opinion that friendships work both ways, it can't be a single sided effort to maintain one. This is one of the reasons why I love dogs, they just love you with all of their heart, never judge, always there for you when you are down.

12. Likes opie, Flash Gordon, dgage, Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly know the feeling of being let down by “friends”. As we get older it’s more and more difficult to make them

But just imagine if you had *no* friends to attempt to reach out to. Let’s just say I can tell you a few stories about that.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

14. Likes Bosko, Flash Gordon, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I certainly know the feeling of being let down by “friends”. As we get older it’s more and more difficult to make them

But just imagine if you had *no* friends to attempt to reach out to. Let’s just say I can tell you a few stories about that.
    I definitely know that feeling. A little over 30 years ago, I was completely BETRAYED by my group of "friends" who had secretly sided with my ex-wife, who kicked me out after she decided that she wanted to be with one of them, instead of me. Turns out they were a pipeline straight to her reporting on everything I said and was going through, and probably having many good laughs at my expense.

Over the years since then, I have made a few 'acquaintances,' but none of them lasted very long and never developed into what you could call a "friendship." So now, while I have a few people that I consider friends, they are all scattered over the internet and none of them are really close enough (geographically) to get together with any kind of frequency to develop a close friendship.

I'm hoping that by joining the local Camaro Club, I will finally be able to find a person or two that I can hang out with (especially now since I'm retiring) and talk Camaros, detailing, or just unload about what's bothering me, so I don't have totally lean on (and stress out my wife).

But the wounds from long ago were deep and the scars are tough, I just hope that I'm still able to develop close friends.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Times are always changing but you've gotta try and pivot. I can only speak for myself but some of the people here I consider friends, different kind of friends but friends. I can assure you that if I ever meet anyone of you I'll be the same guy you imagined I'd be (probably end up talking too much)

This is why I wished I could've went to Detail Fest or better yet a regional Detail Fest and put a face with a name, talk detailing and cars and get some dinner. I mean we've set up a couple "meets" over the yrs but it was a working meet, which is fine but I'm pretty chatty AND I like working, not always easy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

17. Likes opie, Flash Gordon, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh btw he didn’t know, but I already bought the tickets.
    Quite the gesture, but i do have to say that his scheduale just might not have worked to be a able to attend. Your "friend" should have handled that differently, it was quite cold and no sign of disapointment of having to turn it down or graditiude for the thought behind it. Or even the eagarness to try and meet up in some way in the future.(selfish)

Btw your txt ya sent him had an idication that said tickets were already purchased. Im not the brightest but i caught that.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast