autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Inflation! $$

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inflation! $$

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    just normal debt? is debt free.....I guess I didn't get the memo.....carry on.....
    I’ve read it like this before. Most will carry a car payment and house/apartment payment for most of their life. Being debt free in this sense means no “bad debt” like CC, refi, student loans and such.

Some cases getting tax credit on your house makes sense to some people.

I’m almost there so time to buy a new car Inflation! $$Inflation! $$Inflation! $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good or bad.......debt is debt.........
    If anyone needs the "Man or the They's" to tell them this system, that is up to them....I know where I sit and these are the shoes I walk in...

Ya....I had a 30 year mortgage on my first house......I put 30% down from money I saved....paid it off in 17 years.

Now my Son in law....took out a 30 year Mortgage.....He and my Daughter took out "ALL" of their 401K $ (paid 10% pentaly) and used it on a downpayment....10%

They took out $300K on a $240K house........they blew all the rest of the $$ on MINDLESS bullchit!

SIL just this year Refi'ed the house for another $350 at a 2% increase in interest rate.......also threw in a second mortgage and a home equity line of credit.

The bank told him he was a good customer and offered him this service.....

He now has $500K of debt and this is just the mortgage....they have a CHITLOAD of other debt..... if he pays the minimum payments, he will be 87 years old when paid off...

Speaking of 87......my MIL...here is her Mortgage payments...look at the balance change.

I have told her for 16 years.....pay this off...she has $500K in retirement

No......."they"...theres those sneaky people again....the "They's".... want you to carry debt she says.....it helps if you need to borrow $$ and has tax benefits....

I literally want to burst into flames!!

Sorry for the rant......nothing personal against anyone ( choices/beliefs )....we all have to do what we have to do.......

Post Thanks / Like

Carrying a house loan at 2% interest is almost free money to invest at a higher return. Most don't invest and waste it on designer clothes, handbags and toys.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Carrying a house loan at 2% interest is almost free money to invest at a higher return. Most don't invest and waste it on designer clothes, handbags and toys.

lowest ever recorded
    new record low of just 2.65% in January 2021.

and then look how fast they change!!!

On Friday, December 02, 2022, the current average rate for the benchmark 30-year fixed mortgage is 7.32%, up 15 basis points over the last week. If you're looking to refinance your current mortgage, today's national average rate for a 30-year fixed refinance is 7.30%, rising 15 basis points from a week ago.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The mortgage rate with my bank is at 4.49% , not that I have a mortgage. My brother said his repayments have gone up close to 1K a month in the last year. Lucky for him, he earns a sh1t load more than I do.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    That's pretty much what I did with my car loan. I could have paid it in full when I bought it. Instead I put the money in an account earning interest and I deduct the car payments automatically from that account.

11. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Ill play devils advocate, guy wises up works to get himself outta debt, comes up with a simple marketing scheme to make folks who lack disapline to manage thier money right. Said guy then makes a pile of money off of it. Doesnt sound moronic to me lol.

But you are right...like others said its common sense

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    If it was just a business then yes I agree. My problem is that he calls it his ministry. Something tells me Jesus won't be very happy with these folk that profit off of His blood come judgment day.

Post Thanks / Like

lowest ever recorded
    new record low of just 2.65% in January 2021.

and then look how fast they change!!!

On Friday, December 02, 2022, the current average rate for the benchmark 30-year fixed mortgage is 7.32%, up 15 basis points over the last week. If you're looking to refinance your current mortgage, today's national average rate for a 30-year fixed refinance is 7.30%, rising 15 basis points from a week ago.
    So a 250k house will cost roughly 900k when you're done paying it off.

Mortgages have become the biggest criminal scam on earth.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Thanks Bosko thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good or bad.......debt is debt.........
    If anyone needs the "Man or the They's" to tell them this system, that is up to them....I know where I sit and these are the shoes I walk in...

Ya....I had a 30 year mortgage on my first house......I put 30% down from money I saved....paid it off in 17 years.

Now my Son in law....took out a 30 year Mortgage.....He and my Daughter took out "ALL" of their 401K $ (paid 10% pentaly) and used it on a downpayment....10%

They took out $300K on a $240K house........they blew all the rest of the $$ on MINDLESS bullchit!

SIL just this year Refi'ed the house for another $350 at a 2% increase in interest rate.......also threw in a second mortgage and a home equity line of credit.

The bank told him he was a good customer and offered him this service.....

He now has $500K of debt and this is just the mortgage....they have a CHITLOAD of other debt..... if he pays the minimum payments, he will be 87 years old when paid off...

Speaking of 87......my MIL...here is her Mortgage payments...look at the balance change.

I have told her for 16 years.....pay this off...she has $500K in retirement

No......."they"...theres those sneaky people again....the "They's".... want you to carry debt she says.....it helps if you need to borrow $$ and has tax benefits....

I literally want to burst into flames!!

Sorry for the rant......nothing personal against anyone ( choices/beliefs )....we all have to do what we have to do.......
    That's is harrowing.

I'm 46. I have $72,000 left on the house. I'm going to get very aggressive at paying it off. It's the only debt I carry. I don't have credit card debt or a car payment. No personal debt of any kind.

The only way I would tolerate debt like that is if it was earning more than enough to cover it and the interest while delivering a healthy profit.

16. Likes Bosko, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few examples of "One" extra payment a year on your Mortgage

Just paying an additional $100 per month towards the principal of the mortgage reduces the number of months of the payments. A 30 year mortgage (360 months) can be reduced to about 24 years (279 months) – this represents a savings of 6 years!

What happens if I pay an extra $500 a month on my 30 year mortgage?
    Making extra payments of $500/month could save you $60,798 in interest over the life of the loan. You could own your house 13 years sooner than under your current payment.

I realize everyone knows this....just a reminder

18. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast