autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Inflation! $$

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inflation! $$

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    $499? Who charges $499 to tell you how to become debt free?
    Dave Ramsey. I don't know exactly what he charges but it wasn't free. I listened to his show for 30 minutes one time and heard all I needed to hear.
    Hard for me to believe someone would pay $ for another person to tell them the way to get out of debt is to spend less then what you make.

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Dave Ramsey is for people who can't balance a check book. There are people out there who have no common sense when it comes to money. The problem I have with him is it's cookie cutter advice that doesn't apply equally to everybody.

4. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dave Ramsey. I don't know exactly what he charges but it wasn't free. I listened to his show for 30 minutes one time and heard all I needed to hear.
    Hard for me to believe someone would pay $ for another person to tell them the way to get out of debt is to spend less then what you make.
    Funny you mention him.

Cheri's Dad bought her the DVD set years ago. It's here and we listened to a couple disc's.

Pretty basic stuff, but people need it.

6. Likes Flash Gordon, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read a story this morning about a cryptocurrency trading company that's just gone into voluntary administration (bankruptcy). It's an online trading platform, enabling average people to get into crypto. All users accounts were frozen last month, now they're being told there might be nothing left. There are over 30,000 users, most had moved their whole retirement savings into it, hundreds of thousands of dollars we're talking, all gone. It was closely linked to FTX which crashed last month.

I've never understood cryptocurrency, but if it seems too good to be true, it probably is, people get desperate to make fast money, and they do stupid things.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Likes Flash Gordon, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was listening to different podcasts today while working. This 8 minute segment by Mike Adams on being frugal couldn't align with my train of thought any better. I have been duct taping my shoes together since I was probably 10 years old

Being FRUGAL will help get you through the financial reset

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I read a story this morning about a cryptocurrency trading company that's just gone into voluntary administration (bankruptcy). It's an online trading platform, enabling average people to get into crypto. All users accounts were frozen last month, now they're being told there might be nothing left. There are over 30,000 users, most had moved their whole retirement savings into it, hundreds of thousands of dollars we're talking, all gone. It was closely linked to FTX which crashed last month.

I've never understood cryptocurrency, but if it seems too good to be true, it probably is, people get desperate to make fast money, and they do stupid things.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I have friends that have invested in cryptocurrency over the past few years. Most encouraged me to do the same. I understand the concept and actually think it's a great idea (in theory), but my gut instinct would never let me get involved with it. I have to be able to see/hold a tangible asset before I will depart with my hard earned money. For me real estate is the smartest investment just so long as you don't overpay on the front end.

11. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I think Dave Ramsey is for people who can't balance a check book. There are people out there who have no common sense when it comes to money.
    The problem I have with him is it's cookie cutter advice that doesn't apply equally to everybody.
    My sister (retired Fed) and her husband (an accountant) fall into this category. Both of their incomes combined has to be close to 400k. They are constantly having money issues. Of course they have 2 new BMW's, a home twice the size of mine (in a fancier neighborhood) and a lake house.....No thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Funny you mention him.

Cheri's Dad bought her the DVD set years ago. It's here and we listened to a couple disc's.

Pretty basic stuff, but people need it.
    If listening to that guy (or another person like him) helps someone get their finances in order then more power to them (I don't mean this in a condescending way).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I think Dave Ramsey is for people who can't balance a check book. There are people out there who have no common sense when it comes to money. The problem I have with him is it's cookie cutter advice that doesn't apply equally to everybody.
    It is but if you've ever listen to his radio show, people call in during the entire show and give their specific money issues and he gives them advice. So its not all just cookie cutter

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I listen to clips from his show on YouTube. Much of what he says is just common sense but it needs to be heard.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast