autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those that are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
    This forum has been quite helpful to me, and I am sure others. I also like to think I’ve contributed by sharing some of my automotive experience as well and I’ve enjoyed the various conversations and banter.

So, why would anyone want to drive away half (for arguments sake) of the folks out there, simply because they don’t agree with your politics? On a detailing forum, no one should know any of our political or conspiracy beliefs (unless shared in private).

And yes, it’s easy to say its in the off-topic section, don’t like it, don’t read it… but that totally misses the point. You’ll never know the information missed from the folks that either leave, or don’t sign up in the first place because of nonsense like this.

An echo chamber is never fun, or informative. We’ve already seen what happens when someone disagrees… Comments. Insults. Mocking gifs. Attempts at canceling (only in one direction, of course).

Not very inviting, or interesting.
    Believe it or not I can disagree with someone and still be their friend. I personally like knowing where someone stands on personal issues. Sometimes it even causes me to change my mind.

Hope this thread doesn't cause you to leave. I've really enjoyed reading your posts (same for you JBL).

2. Likes bbmach, PaulMys, Eldorado2k, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

:-)

Maybe that's one of the reasons it's been so quiet around here lately. It's much quieter than when I first landed here a year or so ago. I do not for one second believe you're not being genuine, and I feel the same way about the other posters in this thread. But not everybody thinks, or feels the same way. I don't understand why, with the whole big wwinterwebs, it's that important to discuss this here, too, knowing people will either agree, or will disappear. There is a time and a place for everything.
    I see your point. Part of me thinks wht its quite has to do with mike p leaving the forum. He was how i landed here, and he along with yinz furthered my detailing game as fast as i did.

Also, i guess for me i dont have any other things i belong to other than 3d forum. I dont do facebook and all of those others. So i end up going of topic with some things.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes bbmach, Flash Gordon, PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood. But this is a detailing forum, and it's polarizing. We know it's already chased at least one person away.
    Is this discussion more important that sharing detailing knowledge?
    Yes. I already know everything about detailing

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Believe it or not I can disagree with someone and still be their friend. I personally like knowing where someone stands on personal issues. Sometimes it even causes me to change my mind.

Hope this thread doesn't cause you to leave. I've really enjoyed reading your posts (same for you JBL).
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I see your point. Part of me thinks wht its quite has to do with mike p leaving the forum. He was how i landed here, and he along with yinz furthered my detailing game as fast as i did.

Also, i guess for me i dont have any other things i belong to other than 3d forum. I dont do facebook and all of those others. So i end up going of topic with some things.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I totally agree - and I don't plan on going anywhere. I have much more to learn (I've been wanting to use that one!). And maybe it's selfish, but that's why I'd hate to see folks that know more than me, leave.

1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

:-)

Maybe that's one of the reasons it's been so quiet around here lately. It's much quieter than when I first landed here a year or so ago. I do not for one second believe you're not being genuine, and I feel the same way about the other posters in this thread. But not everybody thinks, or feels the same way. I don't understand why, with the whole big wwinterwebs, it's that important to discuss this here, too, knowing people will either agree, or will disappear. There is a time and a place for everything.
    I remember welcoming you when you joined.

When I saw your avatar, I was like "NICE!!" The '69 MACH I is definitely still my favorite Ford ever made.

And new(ish) members like you are refreshing to AGO. Make no mistake about it.

But....... This forum fell off a cliff when Mike Philips left (or IMO was forced out) by the new corporate owners.

Mike was the glue of the forum, and the biggest content contributor, administrator, and thread creator in the industry.

Threads like Opie's aren't the reason AGO is dying. It is because the forum is all but ignored by the new owners.

That being said, the membership here is incredible in its ability to hold its own "police force" and not get completely out of hand with arguments in any and all threads.

That is the reason I will defend to the proverbial death most of my AGO brothers here. It is an outstanding core of people.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks opie, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, opie, 2black1s, Eldorado2k, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

When I saw your avatar, I was like "NICE!!" The '69 MACH I is definitely still my favorite Ford ever made.

But....... This forum fell off a cliff when Mike Philips left (or IMO was forced out) by the new corporate owners.

Mike was the glue of the forum, and the biggest content contributor, administrator, and thread creator in the industry.

Threads like Opie's aren't the reason AGO is dying. It is because the forum is all but ignored by the new owners.

That being said, the membership here is incredible in its ability to hold its own "police force" and not get completely out of hand with arguments in any and all threads.

That is the reason I will defend to the proverbial death most of my AGO brothers here. It is an outstanding core of people.
    I'm with ya on all you mentioned (re Mike and the ownership - I really didn't get to experience it first hand, but have seen enough in all of the older threads I've read through). And, I've never felt anything but welcome here from the very beginning... so this certainly isn't personal to anyone. Maybe it's my public relations background, but I tend to see at least two, sometimes three sides to most things.

It's all good - I'll go back to being quiet now :-)
    1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to disagree with this statement. Mike was terrible about running off individuals (pro detailers) if they didn't lick his boots.

When I first joined there would 5 pages of new threads everyday (on EVERY forum). Slowly but surely ppl would get the boot causing the content to drop drastically.

Facebook also help kill (ALL) forums. FB is fading for many so hopefully the forums can catch a 2nd breath.

14. Likes Azure, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

- I'll go back to being quiet now :-)
    That's the last thing we need..............

16. Likes bbmach, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'll have to disagree with this statement. Mike was terrible about running off individuals (pro detailers) if they didn't lick his boots.

When I first joined there would 5 pages of new threads everyday (on EVERY forum). Slowly but surely ppl would get the boot causing the content to drop drastically.

Facebook also help kill (ALL) forums. FB is fading for many so hopefully the forums can catch a 2nd breath.
    FREE SPEECH AT WORK!!

18. Likes Flash Gordon, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FREE SPEECH AT WORK!!
    YUP! And that's why I am now back to deleting all of the spam text messages from both campaigns here in GA...

20. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast