autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: EGO LB-765 Blower

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Was a bit of a challenge to remove the 3D printed nozzle, which this video shows the correct way to do it -

That method worked for me initially with a new nozzle but the last time I tried it, it wouldn't work. They shared a link to another video:
    How to take off or remove your Stubby Nozzle #stubbynozzle - YouTube
    I even struggled with that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They seem heavy for a one car guy - I presently use a 25 year old Stihl & a 3 yo DeWalt 20V. Anyone use these for home use? Yeah. I know about tradeoffs, but EGO seems on the clumsy side. Why would I need a 5 pound battery plus the tool to blow off a car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchicken View Post
    They seem heavy for a one car guy - I presently use a 25 year old Stihl & a 3 yo DeWalt 20V. Anyone use these for home use? Yeah. I know about tradeoffs, but EGO seems on the clumsy side. Why would I need a 5 pound battery plus the tool to blow off a car?
    The key is the CFM and speed ratings. The LB765 is said to be the most powerful hand-held leaf blower on the market, and that includes 2-stroke gas powered units.

Gas -

Stihl BG 56 - 412 CFM

Stihl BG 86 - 440 CFM

Battery -

Stihl BGA 56 - 365 CFM

Stihl BGA 86 - 494 CFM

Dewalt 20V - 450 CFM

EGO LB 650 - 470 CFM, 650 CFM with turbo mode

EGO LB 765 - 580 CFM, 765 CFM with turbo mode

The 765 "blows" the competitors out of the water for air speed and volume, which makes for quicker and more efficient drying. That's not to say any of the others listed above can't dry a car, I have used the Stihl BGA 56 for this role in the past, but it took considerably longer, was less thorough and used more battery doing so. With the stubby nozzle fitted, an EGO can be held in a way that negates the weight/bulk factor.

4. Likes Azure liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The key is the CFM and speed ratings. The LB765 is said to be the most powerful hand-held leaf blower on the market, and that includes 2-stroke gas powered units.

Gas -

Stihl BG 56 - 412 CFM

Stihl BG 86 - 440 CFM

Battery -

Stihl BGA 56 - 365 CFM

Stihl BGA 86 - 494 CFM

Dewalt 20V - 450 CFM

EGO LB 650 - 470 CFM, 650 CFM with turbo mode

EGO LB 765 - 580 CFM, 765 CFM with turbo mode

The 765 "blows" the competitors out of the water for air speed and volume, which makes for quicker and more efficient drying. That's not to say any of the others listed above can't dry a car, I have used the Stihl BGA 56 for this role in the past, but it took considerably longer, was less thorough and used more battery doing so. With the stubby nozzle fitted, an EGO can be held in a way that negates the weight/bulk factor.

Thanks for the comparisons - I hadn't realized that my DeWalt was that close to the old gasser in "blowing". I picked that up as I already had started the 20V battery family, but tried an EGO trimmer last summer. The extra weight in the EGO batteries of course makes for longer available sessions, but makes things less likely to get done, and quicker doesn't really count for this retiree .. now I am wondering if I can fabricate a stubby nozzle ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchicken View Post
    Thanks for the comparisons - I hadn't realized that my DeWalt was that close to the old gasser in "blowing". I picked that up as I already had started the 20V battery family, but tried an EGO trimmer last summer. The extra weight in the EGO batteries of course makes for longer available sessions, but makes things less likely to get done, and quicker doesn't really count for this retiree .. now I am wondering if I can fabricate a stubby nozzle ..
    I have a 2.5 amp battery for mine as well as the 5 amp. Runs out of juice quick but it does lighten it up.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I have a 2.5 amp battery for mine as well as the 5 amp. Runs out of juice quick but it does lighten it up.
    The 5.0 ah battery is certainly hefty. I have used the 2.5 ah a few times and it can certainly get around most cars, you would definitely need the bigger battery on a truck. At least with the EGO's, the lower sled allows the user to hold the unit two handed, which sort of helps with weight distribution. We have a 765 at work for use as an actual leaf blower, I find it somewhat poorly balanced with the long tube for that role. Go figure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456